I'm looking at the Steve Vai signature models by Ibanez. Which model is better in general? I play a wide variety of music, from metal to blues. However, I'd like something with high output that can scream and wail. The two models have different pickups and different wood bodies. However, the JEM7V is slightly more expensive. Can anyone give the basic difference between these two?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Go for the Jem 7V.
I wanted a vai model for ages, still kind of gutted I never went with my gut feeling
The 77V has a slightly darker sound, and the pickups are slightly lower output and differently voiced than the Evos in the 7V. Personally, I love my JEM7V, and think it's a very versatile guitar. However, it's extremely clear and precise - if you make a mistake, it will be really clear and easily heard.
no
But on the plus side, if I play well, it will sound very clean.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
*inserts penis?*
Which 77V are we on about?
Assumably the black production one?
They're both very similar, but the 77V is basswood and it has breeds, the basswood is very "in the middle" and breeds are more suited to heavier stuff.
Where as alder is closer to the bright end, and the Evos are suited to. . pretty much everything, but are very unforgiving.
The 77v is the black one, yes.

I'd like the guitar that is more high output and better for shredding. I have an ESP EC-1000 with Duncans for cleans and blues.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
*inserts penis?*
Quote by Parabellum
The 77v is the black one, yes.

I'd like the guitar that is more high output and better for shredding. I have an ESP EC-1000 with Duncans for cleans and blues.

Then you want the 7V, almost without question.
Clear sounding, shreddy pickups, monster trem and screamy tone.
the 7v sounds more clear and much more defined than the 77v with it's basswood and breed pups.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Excellent. I just found out about a new guitar store near me. I'm going to check it out over the weekend and hopefully they'll have some high end guitars.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
*inserts penis?*