so im a lefty guitarist, and im not lookin to get a guitar at the moment, but for a little bit in the future. and im lookin for a rr shaped guitar, not too expensive. so how is the ESP LTD Alexi-200? im most likely gonna do some work on it, like new pups (most likely emg's or SD's), paint it like alexi's, maybe a new floyd rose (if possible) and stuff like that. im not lookin to do this for a while, but im just plannig ahead.

hows it sound?
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
not particularly versatile

personally I'd try and find one with two pickups

EDIT: never played one but have experience with other single pickup guitars
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by RPGoof
From what I've heard, any ESP's under 400 are crap.

well try to find a good, left handed rr shaped guitar that is a decent price. left handed. its not easy.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by Dopey_Trout
not ideal

https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=ultrav

just give it the jimi treatment

on a serious note, do jackson not make a left handed RR3? ther's nothing on the website but then again I wasn't aware of a left handed alexi sig either

haha i used to have a squire with the jimi treatment. i kept hitting the knobs. id be playing then it would go silent.

yeah, jackson makes a left handed rr1 and rr3. but they are like over $1000, which would mean ill be saving for a hell of a long time.

and the 200 is the only alexi sig that i iknow of.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by synguitarist7x
haha i used to have a squire with the jimi treatment. i kept hitting the knobs. id be playing then it would go silent.

yeah, jackson makes a left handed rr1 and rr3. but they are like over $1000, which would mean ill be saving for a hell of a long time.

and the 200 is the only alexi sig that i iknow of.

hate to say it but my advice would be save for the RR3

sorry man
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
hate to say it but my advice would be save for the RR3

sorry man

thats really like the only rr shaped guitar around thats left handed? damn. well are there at least any v shaped leftys? that are decent.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
i wouldnt put too much money in it

if anything new pickups, but tahts it, the floyd is decent, and the paint job, just dont **** with it, you'll end up wasting too much money on it

good guitar though, in my opinion, better than any other 400 dollar guitar out there, ill tell you that..
RR3s are only about $600. And well worth it. Save up or buy used, but don't go for the Alexi sig. You'll regret it.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
My exact guitar right now is an Alexi-200 and I am a lefty, I do not regret buying it at all, even though it only features a single pickup, I love the feel and the neck is so damn quick. I decided to not even change the pickup, but my pedals kinda made that decision for me, lol. I get a really nice crunchy sound. I would suggest getting it, but RR's are great too.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I could probably build you a V like mine in lefty. Its a lot like a Jackson RR. I don't do Floyd's though, only hardtail's.

Last edited by Matt420740 at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by Matt420740
I could probably build you a V like mine in lefty. Its a lot like a Jackson RR. I don't do Floyd's though, only hardtail's.

Wait.. you build guitars? How much would you want for something like that V but in left-handed.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
All depends on what kind of wood and electronic/hardware you want. I would probably ask about $650 for the guitar in the pic. Alder body, Maple/Rosewood Neck, Wilkinson Hardware, SJK Humbucker.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
RR3s are only about $600. And well worth it. Save up or buy used, but don't go for the Alexi sig. You'll regret it.

wait, so the rr3 is only $600? i thought they were more. anyone know where to find one? ive been lookin. i got nothin.

and thanks for all the info. i guess ill wait to see if i can find an rr3.

and you got any info about the custom v's?

EDIT: looked it up and the rr3 doesnt come left handed. only the RR1 and RR1T, which are both like $2,000.
**GEAR**

BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Last edited by synguitarist7x at Dec 12, 2008,
Sisters BF has one, but swapped out the stock pickup for ablackout, sounds EPIC through his Bugera.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!