Hey UG!
Ro of 'Please Inflate' here again with another question.

Question 1
We have no access to 'POWERFUL' speakers and we own no mixer as of yet.
Let's say we bought ourselves a cheap mixer (75-200$) and plugged 2 stereo speakers into the outputs of the board. Would it work well as a vocal speaker?

Question 2
If i plug a mic to my amplifier, will it fry my amp?

thanks again guys!
!~*PLEASE INFLATE*~!

Friendly Improvisations, in all styles!
Not sure about question one, but no to question 2. Just leave it on clean channel.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
ok plugging your mic into your amp won't fry it.

but what i use, i've got a quite good stereo sound send for my computer i just use my mic in port, and plug in the speakers, and my computer works as mic amp that way

i wouldn't use it in a gig anyways :p

Edit: Don't use distortion indeed
No, if you're speakers are not powered, you will some kind of amplifier to boost the volume of the signal.

Plugging a mic into an amp should not fry it. It may or may not sound passable depending on the character of the amp.
I'm not sure about your first question.

As for your second, I've used a mic a couple of times with my amp and nothing bad has happened and I don't see any reason why it would. I guess you just have to be careful with feedback (obviously) and it should be fine.
Quote by Pleaseinflate
Hey UG!
Ro of 'Please Inflate' here again with another question.

Question 1
We have no access to 'POWERFUL' speakers and we own no mixer as of yet.
Let's say we bought ourselves a cheap mixer (75-200$) and plugged 2 stereo speakers into the outputs of the board. Would it work well as a vocal speaker?

Question 2
If i plug a mic to my amplifier, will it fry my amp?

thanks again guys!

1. When you mean stereo speakers, you mean like consumer speakers or PA? You can buy active speakers at are around $200 if you don't mind Behringer or Tapco, then plug your microphone directly in and go.

2. No, but it won't make much of a sound. Your amp's for guitars, not microphones as resistance levels are way off.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101