I'm getting an FR-equipped Carvin soon, and I have a few questions about using the Tremol-no with it.

1) In hardtail mode, will I be able to unlock the nut or does the nut stay locked when I am in hardtail mode? Will unlocking it change the tuning?

2) What will happen if I switch between hardtail mode and trem mode with a different tuning? For example, my guitar started in E standard and I switched to drop D when I switched to drop D. Will I still be in drop D or E standard?

3) Is it possible to change tunings in hardtail mode without screwing up the Trem some how?

I saw the FR thread, but I thought this didn't really fit in there.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
I'm getting an FR-equipped Carvin soon, and I have a few questions about using the Tremol-no with it.

1) In hardtail mode, will I be able to unlock the nut or does the nut stay locked when I am in hardtail mode? Will unlocking it change the tuning?

If you have the nut locked and you put the Tremol-no on hardtail afterwards, there's a good chance you'll have to tweak your tuning a little if you unlock the nut. With or without a Tremol-no, there's no need other than for an improvement in tuning stability to keep the nut locked. It doesn't hurt the trem at all if you keep it unlocked.

Quote by ferretface
2) What will happen if I switch between hardtail mode and trem mode with a different tuning? For example, my guitar started in E standard and I switched to drop D when I switched to drop D. Will I still be in drop D or E standard?

If you tune your guitar to E and put the Tremol-no in hardtail mode, you will be able to tune as if your guitar had a hardtail bridge. When you want to put the Tremol-no in full floating mode again, you'll have to tune up to E again, otherwise it won't be in tune.

Quote by ferretface
3) Is it possible to change tunings in hardtail mode without screwing up the Trem some how?

Yes. That's one of the main advantages of hardtail mode.

By putting it in hardtail mode you block the bridge so that you can change tunings as if you were playing a fixed bridge guitar
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
That was a great response and you answered all my questions. Thanks
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
That was a great response and you answered all my questions. Thanks

Have fun with your Carvin when it arrives.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!