Ok I have been to a guitar shop and tried out many ibanez guitars and they all feel nice but i can only get one.
so which ibanez in the price range of about 600-700 pounds do you think i should get?

I play quite a bit of satch and vai stuff and just want a nice warm and full tone.

any help is appreciated
thanks
If you don't need a trem, the PGM301 would be great! Otherwise the RG1570 or 2550 are always great choices! And you'd have money to spare for a pickup change!

But I'd wait it out, 2009 is said to bring out some great new Ibanez guitars, including a new Vai model (rumoured/heavily hinted to be hardtail) and a few new PGMS (the fireman will be one) and there's gonna be loads of "production" model guitars too.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If you don't need a trem, the PGM301 would be great! Otherwise the RG1570 or 2550 are always great choices! And you'd have money to spare for a pickup change!

But I'd wait it out, 2009 is said to bring out some great new Ibanez guitars, including a new Vai model (rumoured/heavily hinted to be hardtail) and a few new PGMS (the fireman will be one) and there's gonna be loads of "production" model guitars too.

Well, even though new PGMs are rumored to be released at NAMM, it's not certain yet.

If you plan on buying a guitar in the near future I would recommend waiting for winter NAMM, which is held mid-January (if you can hold that long ).

If you want to buy something now, my vote would be for the PGM301.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 11, 2008,
Well, I'm not exactly sure of the exchange rate as of right now, but I think that would grant you enough to pick up Satch's sig model. My friend's band's guitarist had one, and he said he loved everything about it. It might be a bit different than Vai etc. tone-wise, but with the right amp, you'll be able to imitate 'em no problem.

I guy that I've been jamming with lately has an RG prestige which is amazing as well. The stock pups can do just about anything with ease, and because of him, I'm looking into buying one atm....

Hope that helped...

-B
People always say you should swap the Dimarzio/Ibanez Pickups out because they aren't that good, from when i have played them through various amps they sounded pretty good, not the best of course but all the same you shouldn't yank them out until you tried them, i personally like them
Manchester United
S series?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by ninazu_gates
Thanks for all your help guys, atm i'm thinking about buying either:
http://www.dv247.com/invt/47385/

or

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48716/

Which one do you think is better? and if i was to replace the stock pick ups, which ones should i go for? i was thinking about dimarzio?

thanks

257OZ I think.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by ninazu_gates
Thanks for all your help guys, atm i'm thinking about buying either:
http://www.dv247.com/invt/47385/

or

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48716/

Which one do you think is better? and if i was to replace the stock pick ups, which ones should i go for? i was thinking about dimarzio?

thanks

In terms of general quality their equally nice.

the extra money you'd pay for the 2570Z goes towards a different bridge, shark tooth inlays, DiMarzio/IBZ pickups and some other small details. They're both great value for money.

As for replacing the pickups, I'd wait with that until you've tried the stock pickups for a while. Also, without a good, responsive amp, changing pickups doesn't make much of a difference.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Well, even though new PGMs are rumored to be released at NAMM, it's not certain yet.

If you plan on buying a guitar in the near future I would recommend waiting for winter NAMM, which is held mid-January (if you can hold that long ).

If you want to buy something now, my vote would be for the PGM301.

Nah it's certain. Paul's pretty much said as much, plus in an email about the Hippy Straps that Sharpant recieved it says and I quote:

I cannot sell the backing with Paul Gilbert's name on it to you, only Paul Gilbert receives his name. With the Fireman, Paul has given approval for his name on (55) guitar straps to Ibanez for the NAMM show release. I can sell the design without Paul's name, or substitute your name. Or, you would have to purchase from Ibanez (1) of the new Fireman Guitars that come with the strap.
Sorry, please let me know.....
Ginny,
Sales, Hippie Strap"
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Yeah, Paul Gilbert's Fireman is definately being released, and it's rumoured to have another PGM released too (assumably the '302' or the new sunburst HH one), some guy on Jemsite was talking to Paul after a show and he confirmed it himself. So I think we can safely assume

And £600-£700 won't be enough for a satch sig, whoever said it.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yeah, Paul Gilbert's Fireman is definately being released, and it's rumoured to have another PGM released too (assumably the '302' or the new sunburst HH one), some guy on Jemsite was talking to Paul after a show and he confirmed it himself. So I think we can safely assume

And £600-£700 won't be enough for a satch sig, whoever said it.

Well, the 20th anniversary for the PGM is coming up, so we might see a cool limited edition model (although I do hope it's cooler than the Sunburst PGM).

I still feel like an ass for not asking him myself...
I feel like an ass for missing his show cos of damn exams
And I didn't realise it was that close to the 20th anniversary

To be honest I'm going to hate 2009, it's the year I'm taking the final plunge into getting myself a nice £1000-£2000 guitar before I start saving to get into a music uni, and it's the year of many new guitars!
The new Ibanez guitars (Vai, Gilbert and otherwise) and a Guthrie Govan sig's comin' out (Suhr) and there are still a lot of 2008 guitars that have caught my fancy. And on top of the other guitars out there, it's murder to choose!

ANyway, back on topic