Alright, I have two amps, two decent guitars, and I've been playing for five years, and I need money, so I figure I'm at least decent enough for teaching beginners. Anyway, there is a slight problem; I've forgotten basically all I know of reading sheet music. Could I work around this or should I look for a different job for now?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
You can probably work around it but you really should learn how to read sheet music. On the other hand, these students will most likely go home and look up tabs instead.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Dude, atleast 900% of ll guitar players can't read sheet music . It really doesn't matter.

Though it's a good skill to teach initially. I have started learning about 10 years down the line and it's a bitch!
Quote by willieturnip
Dude, atleast 900% of ll guitar players can't read sheet music . It really doesn't matter.

Though it's a good skill to teach initially. I have started learning about 10 years down the line and it's a bitch!

I ditched it the second i stopped taking lessons.
I learnt it simply because I find theory easier with knowledge of sheet music.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Teach chords and use tabs. Most people would prefer using tabs over sheet music anyway.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Teach them the basics; FACE, EGBDF, basic note meanings, etc. Teach them how to use it, but don't make them. Notation is a lot easier for writing, as the rhythm and such isnt conveyed with tab.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Yeh, my friend teaches at my uncle's music store and he cant read music at all. He just teaches like chords and techniques and stuff.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...