My friend and I, guitar players, want to start recording. We play metal and progressive and have a decent Dell computer. We were wondering if this: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=243007&page=1&sc=date&so=desc would be a good decision for us to use.

We will most likely be getting a mic as well, but for right now, we were wondering if this would work???

BTW, we only want to pay up to 200 bucks...
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Umm I think that's only for mic's. If you don't have a PA System, then you wouldn't be able to connect your guitars into the box. Otherwise, The ratings pretty much trash that thing. Anything under 4 stars on Musiciansfriend is a bad item.
Quote by greennblue10
Umm I think that's only for mic's. If you don't have a PA System, then you wouldn't be able to connect your guitars into the box. Otherwise, The ratings pretty much trash that thing. Anything under 4 stars on Musiciansfriend is a bad item.

I don't want to be a dick, but you have no idea what you're talking about. You are more clueless than the TS . . . No offense ; )

Anyway, yeah you can plug 1/4 inch cables and XLR. I would get a fire wire one because it will let you import your channels separately. Then you can put each guitar or your guitar a vocals on a different track. You might be able to do it any way with that by using the pan, and just pan one guitar all the way to the left, and the other to the right. Then just run the left and right a separate tracks. It doesn't really matter if your not really really serious about your recording quality though.