I'm moving out pretty much all of my gear and starting from scratch, so looking for a little help here. I'll start out with the basics.

Budget: Don't have a budget, but looking to keep it under $1500.
Sound: Needs to have nice cleans, medium-high gain, tight low end
Preference: Head and 2x12 cab, willing to settle on a combo.

There are two amps I've been spending a lot of time with lately:

1 - Mesa Solo 50
2 - Peavey JSX

I like the Mesa's clean channel a lot more than the JSX, but the JSX has a much tighter rhythm and lead tone. I like the fact that the Mesa is 50 watts, just two power tubes to hit the sweet spot at manageable volume levels.

I have a third option, which is a Mesa Stiletto Ace 1x12 combo that I can get as a trade. I've never played the amp and there aren't any in my area. Anyone own or have experience with the Stiletto Ace?

Pros and cons of the Solo 50, JSX, Stiletto Ace?
You might not like the stiletto ace. it's like a marshally version of a rectifier iirc

look into a mesa dual caliber maybe?
Quote by Guitarmiester

I like the Mesa's clean channel a lot more than the JSX, but the JSX has a much tighter rhythm and lead tone.

you could always push the mesa with an od pedal

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by rabble3
You might not like the stiletto ace. it's like a marshally version of a rectifier iirc

look into a mesa dual caliber maybe?

That's because it has two EL34's. I decided against the SA, I've have british voiced amps and it's not what I'm looking for. The DC's are great amps. I missed out on a DC-5 head a few years back because I took a few days to decide, it sold by the time I went back.

Quote by timzee117
you could always push the mesa with an od pedal

I've got a few different OD pedals I could use in front of either amp. I was only plugging directly into the amps when I was playing them today. I have Saturday off and will head back that way. At the time, I'm leaning toward the JSX.