basically its the guitar i want for xmas. im prepared to put money towards it but a guy at my dads work has recomended 2 other cheaper guitars:
ESP KH-202
Ibanez RG370

I know my dad will advise me to get the cheaper options so i need some feedback on the ESP LTD EX 400 in order to persuade him that its the right one.
Those guitars are all different. You need floyd rose or not? 22 or 24 frets? what is your genre? you need a single coil pickup? answer these first.
well the KH and the EX are two levels of guitar really

KH is a kinda starter guitar
EX is at the level when you're getting serious
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
aye. its just cant really pick and choose with leftys. thats the probably the best im gonna do for under a grand (thats available in a shop near me).
Go EX-400. 400 series and up of LTDs are good. OR! Check rondomusic.com. They have a lot of different lefty's, including the Ghost, which is the same basic shape.
www.rondomusic.com
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
If your dad insists on getting you a cheaper guitar, you might look at the lower end versions of the ex 400. (the ex 260 and ex 50, respectively) Regardless I hope you get what you want for christmas.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Quinlan
If your dad insists on getting you a cheaper guitar, you might look at the lower end versions of the ex 400. (the ex 260 and ex 50, respectively) Regardless I hope you get what you want for christmas.

they dont do them versions in left handed. and the version of the ESP is only available in diamond plated - so an extra £130 for an aesthetic feature and mounted pu's. cheers, i hope so too
Like I said, check out those Agiles. They don't even charge extra for leftys.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Like I said, check out those Agiles. They don't even charge extra for leftys.

He's in England, it will cost him a lot to import the Agile.
ಠ_ಠ
I should've guessed from the MU sig...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
EX400 > Both those guitars.

- No ****ty trem to deal with (sub par LFR and Edge III are crap)
- Decent pickups (or at least you can sell for some money)
- Decent tonewood and good craftmanship