I'm not sure where to post, this seemed the most logical place. anyways...

I was wondering if i should be using my third finger to the play the notes on the B and E strings for the first position box of the minor pentatonic scale?

I'm working on the solo for 'cum on feel the noize' and the first part is all in that box. i've been working on my trilling with my third and fourth finger, but i've noticed everyone playing that box on youtube videos only uses their third finger (i assume for bending purposes). except for the low E string.

i hope that makes sense?? i guess my question is should i forget the pinky all together and just concentrate with my third finger? i'm up to about 120 bmp with a goal of around 150. Thanks for any advice!
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
No. You want to be able to stretch your fingers over many frets.

true, but i may have phrased that wrong. i'm not going to stop using my pinky entirely, just wondering if i should for that position?
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
No. If you can play it with just your index and ring fingers, play it that way. You don't even need to be consistant with how you play the scale. You may deem certain fingerings appropriate for some situations and other fingerings appropriate for other situations.

The "one finger per fret" rule is a minimum expectation. You should be able to reach from 5 to 10 with your index finger and pinky or up to 12 if you can. That should be your goal.