a better high gain amp than a peavy VK212 for less than €400. needs to be gigable and needs good distortion for stuff like metallica a7x acdc iron maiden etc etc
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

halfstack or combo? If you go used I suggest a 6505/5150 combo, all the gain you will ever need and you could definatly gig with it
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by guitardude11
mg100dfhx!

STFU!!!!!
i suggest a bugera 333xl or a b52 or a randall
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
STFU!!!!!
i suggest a bugera 333xl or a b52 or a randall

all way over my price range...
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

I'd just save up more cash instead of buying something and regretting it. The valve king is the ****tiest amp peavey makes period. It sucks. I wouldn't waste my money. Just be patient. Put that money up and before you know it you'll have enough for a 6505.
Quote by hcsn2008
I'd just save up more cash instead of buying something and regretting it. The valve king is the ****tiest amp peavey makes period. It sucks. I wouldn't waste my money. Just be patient. Put that money up and before you know it you'll have enough for a 6505.

It only sucks if you don't know how to use it, but I agree - Valvekings need a bit of a push to get a good metal tone going. If you're not interested in 1) changing the stock speakers and 2) buying an overdrive pedal, I suggest you save a bit more. You'd spend more on changing the speakers and buying an overdrive than simply buying an amp more suited to your needs, although the Valveking is probably the highest-gain all tube amp under 400 euros new.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It only sucks if you don't know how to use it, but I agree - Valvekings need a bit of a push to get a good metal tone going. If you're not interested in 1) changing the stock speakers and 2) buying an overdrive pedal, I suggest you save a bit more. You'd spend more on changing the speakers and buying an overdrive than simply buying an amp more suited to your needs, although the Valveking is probably the highest-gain all tube amp under 400 euros new.

Yeah but he could save up just a tad bit more and get a bugera. They go for 500 and 600. If you can get 400 you can get 500.
I wouldnt get a bugera just cause im afraid it will crap out on me.

Id take a look at some randalls, or definately a B-52 AT.

I dont know what else they got on that side of the pond.
Here are some of my favorite clips from the Valveking thread. Some stock, some not. You will be hard pressed at your budget unless you go used.

Raijouta - your stuff is good too, no offense - just trying to keep it short. Check Raijouta's stuff too.

100 Head stock - hardcore punk post production ****************
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/elguapo2k/music/

dude doing Satch's Always with you always with me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTETgE33FfQ&feature=related

Stock 112 ...cool clip, i post this all the time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CI117wHoKQ

sg622 - Clean and Lead clippys. Great Metal demos..........*****
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sg622/music/

Necrophagist777 - Stock, Boosted by BM (Metal) ~112, some have new speaker

Sadistic_Sponge - 112 Stock? 11 minute demo is great, heavy starts half way thru.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Sadistic+sponge/

Perry Parson has some good stuff on netmusicians.com
ParryPerson #257 "http://www.netmusicians.org/index.p...lue=ParryPerson
Thought I would post this here.
99 Gibson Les Paul --> VK Head into 4 WGS GB's with a bad monkey in front.

Edit: OK, well if you go to netmusicians.org and search on Valveking you'll find Parry's stuff.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by hcsn2008
Yeah but he could save up just a tad bit more and get a bugera. They go for 500 and 600. If you can get 400 you can get 500.

According to Thomann.de's Irish portal the only Bugera combo one can get between 400 and 600 euros is the 6260-212 for 579 euro, so they don't go for 500 at all.

As well the whole tube bias issue is somewhat troubling, but given that he's primarily playing metal the Bugera or Randall RG50TC would be his best options.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
According to Thomann.de's Irish portal the only Bugera combo one can get between 400 and 600 euros is the 6260-212 for 579 euro, so they don't go for 500 at all.

As well the whole tube bias issue is somewhat troubling, but given that he's primarily playing metal the Bugera or Randall RG50TC would be his best options.

Well I didn't look where he was from. But the 6260 goes for 500 at my local store in American cash. And **** 579 isnt that much either. Argue argue argue on here. My point still stands he can get the money if he can get 400
I'm certainly won't argue that the Bugera has good tone. It does. The VK was never positioned as metal amp to begin with as far as I can tell. The VK reliability has been very good imo and the issues have mostly been resolved. At least from the 3 forums I have checked lately. If you want a Bugera, I'll just say again that it makes sense to be aware of the issues and get things addressed before you even turn it on. General statement.

I support B52s and Randalls as well but I've never really played them. Nor the Bugera.
would rather not get the bugera, i've read too many stories of breakdowns.
plus the peavey has a 5 year warranty (i think so anyway, i read that somewhere too)

one more question though, would a 100W amp be too loud to play in my house for practice? i might be able to go out to the garage, but i'd be freezing my nuts off, so i'm considering getting a 50W
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Quote by munkymanmatt
would rather not get the bugera, i've read too many stories of breakdowns.
plus the peavey has a 5 year warranty (i think so anyway, i read that somewhere too)

one more question though, would a 100W amp be too loud to play in my house for practice? i might be able to go out to the garage, but i'd be freezing my nuts off, so i'm considering getting a 50W

read the stickies
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me