I have it, and I don't think its a bad bass for the price, but I know that bass packs are a waste. What kind of music do you play?

Edit: If you have have a bigger budget do NOT get this.
Last edited by ccam555 at Dec 11, 2008,
I suggest the below.

but there aren't usually too many horror stories from affinity series basses, but there are plenty of well, it felt weird stories. so you can get it. I just don't like the way those basses are.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Squier affinity's are OK and starting out, it will get you on your way. Myself, I think Ibanez puts out a better quality in their economy basses, but the necks aren't for everyone. My advise is to set yourself a budget and start looking at new and used basses in that budget. Your first bass will get you ideally through your first year or so of playing, so it should be good for you.

And am I the only one who looks at Squier's tag phrase "Stop Dreaming and start playing" and think--damn you folks at Fender must think I have the most banal fantasy life known to man?
read the sig... dont waste your money, get somethin better like

ibanez gsr200 and acoustic b50 amp
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
it's alright, my first bass was the Squier Standard jazz, 1 step up and I think it was worth it, it lasted me five years til I got my highway 1 P.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
My girlfriend has an affinity p-bass and no matter what you do (I've set up a lot of instruments in my day) the the action never gets real good on it, the overall quality isn't that great. Electronics sound fine though. of course this is just one example, you might get a better one.

Probably worth the money, but I'd spend a bit more and get a vintage modified squier or a used MiM bass personally.
I'd suggest getting one of those new Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified basses instead. Much better bass overall, and not that much more expensive. You can worry about buying an amp for it later.

As always, buy used.
I have a Squier P-Bass Special, nothing wrong with it at all. Prefers it over my B-155. I actually bought it this summer, after almost four years of playing. It's well worth the money.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Squiers are fine, but I think Peavey puts out the best quality bass for the price. The Zodiac is just awesome. The problem is finding them...I've yet to see a local store that stocks them, apart from used ones.

If you're going the Squier route, try to at least get a standard or an MB...the affinity series has some quality control issues...you might get a good one, you might not. It's a crapshoot.

Here's the Peavey pack
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-?sku=512186

Ibanez also makes a good starter pack.
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-Ser-Hollowbody-without-Tremolo?sku=519527

edit: wtf? Look at the link to the Ibanez pack. I'm pretty sure that's not an Artcore.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 12, 2008,
I say you should get the Vintage-Modified instead, a bit more expensive but much better value for money. I have one and there very good.
Quote by GeneralElectric
I'd suggest getting one of those new Classic Vibe or Vintage Modified basses instead. Much better bass overall, and not that much more expensive. You can worry about buying an amp for it later.

As always, buy used.

Quote by Gofer boy
I say you should get the Vintage-Modified instead, a bit more expensive but much better value for money. I have one and there very good.

+1

IMO, you can't go wrong with the VM and CV series basses.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.