I play mostly in Drop D and E standard. what is the best thing to change from E to Drop D in a hurry? i know that there are several different things out there you can put on your guitar. thanks for your help. I have a Prs Se custom, if that helps

EDIT: I know how to tune it by ear but i want something easier and more accurate because in a live situation, you can't always hear the low string.

I like the D- tuna, but i don't have a fr tremolo. ive heard about hipshot bass tuning pegs that go from e to d. do they make something like that for guitar?
Last edited by lemon_lime123 at Dec 11, 2008,
Honestly if you need help going from standard to drop D you need to practice a little more. If you've got a floyd rose you can get a D-tuna. You can pick those up on musiciansfriend. But really if you don't have a tremolo it's not hard at all and you'd kinda be wasting your time buying something just to go to Drop D. Just downtune your low E until it's an octave lower than your D string. After a while you start to get a feel for how much you need to turn the tuning peg and you can do it in a second.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by randomhero93
ear tune? thats all i can think of...

Yea just strum the top 3 open in standard and drop the E til the chord is in tune.
Maybe youre thinking of a D Tuna but those are only for Floyd Rose Style tremelos I think...
If you got money, a Strat VG may be in consideration.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by VoodooCow229
Honestly if you need help going from standard to drop D you need to practice a little more. If you've got a floyd rose you can get a D-tuna. You can pick those up on musiciansfriend. But really if you don't have a tremolo it's not hard at all and you'd kinda be wasting your time buying something just to go to Drop D. Just downtune your low E until it's an octave lower than your D string. After a while you start to get a feel for how much you need to turn the tuning peg and you can do it in a second.

i go back and forth so much it surprises me how dead accurate my tuning is without even listening when tuning
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
hold down the second fret on the low e tring and tune down tell it sounds like a reagular e string