I was just wondering what chord this is. I know it's a C of some kind, I'm just not sure what that G in the bottom does to it

-----3------
-----1------
-----x------
-----2------
-----3------
-----x------
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
It's just a C major chord. C E G are the notes in a C major. Instead of having the 3rd on top you have the 5th. Brightens the chord a little.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
It's just a C chord. C E G are the notes in a C. Instead of having the 3rd on top you have the 5th. Brightens the chord a little.

Ooh, oh yea. How silly of me. I'm gonna go hide in a corner now
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
its just a c....C/G if you want to call it. You can add the 3 on either E string and its still a Cmajor chord, just with an added bass or high note.
Well, let's use a little theory and find out what you have there.

C D E F G A B

A major chord is going to use R, 3, 5. Which notes are these? Use the handy key I provided above.

You should've gotten C, E and G. Your added G on the first string is really nothing more than another voicing for C major. You've just added another G, so instead of having the single G on the open 3rd string, now we have a doubled G. Pretty cool, eh?
That's pretty much the same thing as your standard C chord except you move the G up an octave.
Corona Corona