Im wiring up a power input and switch into my pedalboard that i am building, but have run into some trouble, this is the switch -

i cant figure out which of the two unmarked poles are positive and negative (this is the mains IEC adapter) and how do i wire up the switch? The first pic is a back shot of the poles, the coloured one is the face of the switch. Any help would be appreciated =)
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
After reading your post a couple of times, I finally figured it out. The IEC mains plug does not supply positive and negative power. It supplies AC, which is alternating current. The three conductors, or pins, of the IEC connector are hot, neutral and ground. I would wire the switch to break the hot wire. Looking at your drawing of the IEC connector, you want to wire the switch to break the bottom IEC contact. This is the hot lead. The middle lead is ground and the top is neutral. By breaking the hot lead, this keeps the AC off the power supply components and reduces the chance of someone getting shocked.

The only thing I need to add, is this takes into account American wiring standards. You live in Australia, so I hope it's the same. It may not be.
Thankyou! sorry for the confusion lol, can you put this into a highly technical paint diagram? lol
thanks again man.

EDIT: And what do i do with the fuse pole =S
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

Quote by TooFast
I have one more question for you. Are you planning to power the pedal direct from the IEC connector, or do you have some kind of a power supply that will be converting the AC to DC?
i have a power supply that i am connecting to the IEC.
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

Quote by TooFast
I would include the fuse in series with the hot lead.

I H----|--- fuse ----switch--- to power supply
E N----|------------------------- to power supply
C G----|------------------------- to power supply or pedal chassis

You'll have to pardon my highly technical drawing, but this is what I'd do. You're using a DPDT (Double Pole, Single Throw) switch, so you only need to use one side of it. Actually, if you wanted to get fancy, you could do this, since you're using a DPST switch.

I H----|--- fuse ----switch--- to power supply
E N----|--------------switch--- to power supply
C G----|------------------------- to power supply or pedal chassis

In this version, whatever you do, do not connect the AC mains so that you end up shorting out the AC when you throw the switch on. This would be bad. Real bad. If you don't have one and you want to build things, I'd highly recommend that you buy a small DVM, or Digital Voltmeter. They're not hard to use and are indispensible for reading voltage and checking resistors, switches and other components.
Sweet, thankyou very much!
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

Quote by TooFast