eventually i'll be getting a jcm 900 as a new amp (mg-bad decision...)
and then after that i'll be getting a metal guitar (its going to be a while but oh well)
this is what i want:
-i'm thinking mahogany body
-emg 81/60 81/85 pickups
-i'm not sure on tremelo, if i'd want one i think i would want an original floyd rose, but again i'm not sure if i want that or hard tail
-i'll be playing metallica, megadeth, slayer, that kind of metal, not much else so it doesn't really need to be that versatile
-needs to look good, i'm sorry but if it looks weird but has an original floyd and emgs i might turn it down
-what the hell, make it all black
-sorry to just make it really really hard on you guys but....
no v's (i hate the whole sitting down thing) and i don't think and strat copies, i might be able to break on that though (i just don't usually like them)
suggestions? thanks for looking
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Dec 11, 2008,
DEANGUITARS!!!

exactly what you want.

great quality metal guitars

they look cool but they play even better then they look

go to deanguitars.com and look at the specs at which one because msot of them are good.
oh and btw deans has LICENSED floyd rose and just some models has emgs with the schecter, you wont get fooled
Go esp man, anything over the 400 series or go high end jackson.
whats your projected budget?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Get a ESP man, or BC rich but not a big fan of BC though.
Que?
Quote by Deanwings79
DEANGUITARS!!!

exactly what you want.

go to deanguitars.com and look at the specs at which one because msot of them are good.

Uh.. failure...

Go for osmething useful like a Jackson, ESP, Look for used Gibson products.
If you're looking for a metal guitar, I'd go with Jackson, ESP, or Dean.
If you aren't looking for a tremelo, then don't go with Jackson. All the high end, good quality jacksons have tremelos (with the exception of like one or two). I prefer Jacksons over most brands but its hard to find any without a tremelo. If you want a string-thru, I'd pick ESP over Dean. Dean is a good company but I tend to find their guitars over-rated. ESP is a really good brand though. I bought a cheap ESP F-100 just to jam at lessons and easy tuning and I've come to really enjoy the tone and feel of the guitar.
So here are some suggestions:

- ESP F-100M ($239.00) [This is the one I have]
- ESP LTD Viper- 100FM ($239.00)
- ESP LTD V-200 ($399.00)
- Jackson DXMG Dinky ($449.99)
- Jackson DK2 Dinky ($599.99- $949.99)
- Jackson RR3 Rhoads ($649.99- $749.99)
- ESP LTD EC-500 ($649.00)
- ESP LTD MH-1000 ($949.00- $979.00)

And I could list a lot more. I found these on MusiciansFriend.com, I use that site for basically all of my guitar shopping needs. Usually you can get the cheapest prices there and they have a huge supply.

So if you're looking for a metal guitar, check out those guitar brands. I personally think you'd go for ESP Guitars, just because they use EMG pickups in most of their guitars and have decent prices.
Quote by Deanwings79
DEANGUITARS!!!

exactly what you want.

Don't do this.

Anyway. You should really try the stuff out. Schecter makes some nice stuff, but you'll have to feel it out to know if you like the body if you know you dont like strat bodies.

Also, Ibanez makes some kickass stuff, despite what people say. Ive had lots of experiences with some well made Ibanezes.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
i'd get a BC Rich IronBird Limited, it dosent have that much of an unusual shape but here are the specs of it :

Construction: bolt on
Body wood: basswood
Top style: bevel top
Tuners: B.C. Rich® die-cast

Fretboard: rosewood
Frets: 24 jumbo
Scale: 24 5/8”

Bridge: Tune-o-matic
Pickups: B.C. Rich® B.D.S.M.
Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone

BC Rich has always been a favorite of mine, i love the guitars and they've never let me down.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by xMetalGodx
If you're looking for a metal guitar, I'd go with Jackson, ESP, or Dean.
If you aren't looking for a tremelo, then don't go with Jackson. All the high end, good quality jacksons have tremelos (with the exception of like one or two). I prefer Jacksons over most brands but its hard to find any without a tremelo. If you want a string-thru, I'd pick ESP over Dean. Dean is a good company but I tend to find their guitars over-rated. ESP is a really good brand though. I bought a cheap ESP F-100 just to jam at lessons and easy tuning and I've come to really enjoy the tone and feel of the guitar.
So here are some suggestions:

- ESP F-100M ($239.00) [This is the one I have]
- ESP LTD Viper- 100FM ($239.00)
- ESP LTD V-200 ($399.00)
- Jackson DXMG Dinky ($449.99)
- Jackson DK2 Dinky ($599.99- $949.99)
- Jackson RR3 Rhoads ($649.99- $749.99)
- ESP LTD EC-500 ($649.00)
- ESP LTD MH-1000 ($949.00- $979.00)

And I could list a lot more. I found these on MusiciansFriend.com, I use that site for basically all of my guitar shopping needs. Usually you can get the cheapest prices there and they have a huge supply.

So if you're looking for a metal guitar, check out those guitar brands. I personally think you'd go for ESP Guitars, just because they use EMG pickups in most of their guitars and have decent prices.

hey those are all really good suggestions thank you,
but here's what i think:

- ESP F-100M ($239.00) don't really like that shape much, plus i'm going for active emgs
- ESP LTD Viper- 100FM ($239.00) same as f-100m
- ESP LTD V-200 ($399.00) don't like v's
- Jackson DXMG Dinky ($449.99) a cheap alternative to a nicer one, but...
- Jackson DK2 Dinky ($599.99- $949.99)...this is by far the best choice you posted out of all of these, is there difference between the DK2M and this?
- Jackson RR3 Rhoads ($649.99- $749.99) don't like v's, although its really nice looking
- ESP LTD EC-500 ($649.00) don't want a les paul copy
- ESP LTD MH-1000 ($949.00- $979.00) thats more like it but i'm not sure still
the newer esp's are kind of disappointing to me

thanks all for your help
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Whatever you do, do NOT get a Schecter. I'de go with an ESP or a Jackson, seeing as what you're gonna be playing requires some speedy technique. Schecters have chunky necks and weigh a LOT, so they aren't something you want for your type of music.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I'm not crazy about emg's but I did play a scheter hellraiser once and loved it. However I played another one a while later and it sounded/played like ****. I think needed a setup, and new batteries in the emgs. But yeah I have played a nice scheter hellraiser. They look SICK in the quilted-ish red color, but if you want black by all means go ahead. They come with a OFR (one of the few new guitars that does) or stoptail so go my son and rock.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Dean ml knight sounds like the perfect guitar for u. It has active emgs, all black, metal as hell, Incredible neck, great for the money and a ping fr.

Deans are amazing
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by ToalNOOB
Uh.. failure...

Go for osmething useful like a Jackson, ESP, Look for used Gibson products.

deans are great

i hate jackson necks
wait whats the difference between arch-top and flat-top?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by jkielq91
deans are great

i hate jackson necks

deans really arent that great...and the ml knight is ok, there are better guitars in that price range.
Idk how you can hate jackson necks cuz they beat the sh#* out of dean necks.
TS, dont get a dean unless you found a really nice one at a store and your going to get that one that you tried out
arch tops usually mean high end,, the have more sustain me thinks
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Deans are over-rated and people who buy Dean guitars (generally speaking) don't know whats really best for guitars. I'd probably buy one of the higher-end Dean's if I had the cash, but the medium and lower end guitars aren't anything to go nuts about. Jackson's are built for speed and solo's, ESP is built for kicking ass and heavy rythmn.

As for the Jackson Dinky DK2 vs. the Dinky DK2M:
The DK2M has dual Seymour Duncan humbuckers while the DK2 has two SC101 pickups and one JB TB4 humbucker. I would say go with the DK2, just because it will have more tonal variety, color options, and I've heard a lot of quality issues with the DK2M.