Okay I just got a new pedal (Metal Muff).. and I plug it directly to amp.. (guitar --> Pedal --> Amp) and it sounds like **** (yes im on the clean channel) so I use the "fx loop" (pedal input --> Preamp Out, Pedal Output --> Power in) and there is no sound.
What the hell am i doing wrong?
when you say it sounds like shlt. can you be more specific.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
plug it in the input not the fx loop. if you plug it guital>pedal> fx loop your obviously not going to get any sound. you can put the pedal to the fx loop, but the guitar has to go in the input

edit: sorry misread your post
im not sure what you need to do
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
plug it in the input not the fx loop. if you plug it guital>pedal> fx loop your obviously not going to get any sound. you can put the pedal to the fx loop, but the guitar has to go in the input

No, I did that. Guitar to amp input
Pedal to fx loop. no sound.
Quote by AustinAtomic
No, I did that. Guitar to amp input
Pedal to fx loop. no sound.

sorry misread your post
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
ok so can you be more specific on the tone because i'm trying to help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Forget the preamp of your amp..(frontman preamp, ugh)

do: guitar->pedal input, and from the pedal output->effects return

it'll just slave your pedal and power amp and skip the preamp of the amp. pretty cool huh?
You probably have a **** amp, I have a Metal Muff and it sounds great.
I heard that EH pedals sound alot better with tube amps so it's not gonna sound exactly like the demo's they have
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by rabble3
Forget the preamp of your amp..(frontman preamp, ugh)

do: guitar->pedal input, and from the pedal output->effects return

it'll just slave your pedal and power amp and skip the preamp of the amp. pretty cool huh?

Effects return?
you should have listened to us when we told you to save up for a new amp

i dont think that a pedal "sounding like shlt" is something thats wrong with it, i just think your amp doesnt make a good match for pedals. try putting your guitar into the input of the pedal, and the output into the amps effects return. this way your amp wont change your pedals sound. i dont know why it doesnt work through the effects loop though, does your amp have an effects loop mix control?

Quote by AustinAtomic
Effects return?

yes, it doesnt really make sense at first, but its basically isolating the power amp and speaker section of the amp. trust me, its worked
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well whatever your amp has.

sometimes it'll be preamp out, preamp in.

other times it'll be fx loop send, fx loop return. Do whichever one is "return". remember, guitar into the pedal directly.