well it does the same thing as the eq on your amp. it shapes your tone. it just has more options therefore you can tweak your tone to better suit your tastes. it can also be used to change the tone of your bass midsong for a solo or slap part or anything you want.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
If you ever played with an EQ on an amp you will notice how it changes the tone of the instrument. Most amps only give you 3 bands to change and they do it in a less precise way. With this pedal you would be able to find many different tonal possibilities and quite likely end up with a much nicer tone than you could ever reach with just the amp.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
it's like an amp EQ, but in a pedal.

why would you need another one? there are many reasons.
you can midsong, without having to stop, switch to a completely different EQ setting.
you can split your signal, throw a million effects on, say, your highs, running through one treble based EQ pedal, and leave the lows clean, which would be running through a different, bass heavy EQ pedal.
you can make up for the lack of a focused amp EQ by using a 6 band pedal EQ instead of a 2 band amp one.

the possibilities are endless really.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
It can also be used as a bit of a boost for distortion on tube amps. While this doesn't probably apply to you it something to think of maybe in the future. I use my bass's onboard eq to get distortion for Tom Sawyer by rush. just pump the treble all the way up and listen to it get all fuzzy.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by Revelation
It can also be used as a bit of a boost for distortion on tube amps. While this doesn't probably apply to you it something to think of maybe in the future. I use my bass's onboard eq to get distortion for Tom Sawyer by rush. just pump the treble all the way up and listen to it get all fuzzy.

there really are endless possibilities.

imagine, for a second, we all have access to every piece of musical equipment imaginable.

you can take a six band EQ, split your signal six times. with each one, you focus it with an EQ pedal down to a single signal, with each amp playing a different signal. you use different, carefully selected amps for each frequency range, and wham. the most perfect possible signal you can find.

imagination my boy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

reading that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by Revelation
reading that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

lets find someone with lots of money and a willingness to experiment to try it.

*waits for Micheal Manring to join UG*
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

just spent 1500 on computer parts. and goin to florida in february for vacation. hmmmm I'm flat broke. that sux.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Quote by Revelation
just spent 1500 on computer parts. and goin to florida in february for vacation. hmmmm I'm flat broke. that sux.

I'm unemployed.

any money I get right now goes to new strings and going on a cheap date or two with that woman o' mine.
hey TS, are you willing to be part of an experiment?
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

i use one along with the EQ on my amp, it gives me 30db +/- on each frequency :P, Xtreme tone shaping.
Also, you can have it before a overdrive to adjust the response of each frequency, or after to adjust for tone shaping..