what!? i woulda figured this was a top seller. what a shame.
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
I hope I get it before my GC runs out of them.
A poor guitarist for two years' gear:
Dean Vendetta XM
Roland Microcube

Getting/Saving up for:
Jackson Dinky MG Series (Transparent Red)
B-52 AT 112 - Amp choice still deciding but I have about $140 towards an amp.
It is a DKMG though. It's an MG Series DKMG, or so it says on their website and on Musicians Friend.
Dean Vendetta XM
Roland Microcube

Getting/Saving up for:
Quote by stratdud39
MG series is different, that ones not discontinued.
im talkin the regular dkmg dinky
such a shame

The DKMG is part of the MG series...
Sucks for all the Jackson fans, it seemed like a good guitar for the price.

EDIT: they'll probably bring it back in a couple of months with some upgrades/different options now that I think about it, those guitars sold pretty well...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 11, 2008,
glad i already have mine. awesome guitar. Where did you hear they are discontinued? They are still on Jackson website.
Quote by knackers69
glad i already have mine. awesome guitar. Where did you hear they are discontinued? They are still on Jackson website.

Musicians' Friend, ZZounds. Probably some others too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by stratdud39

Those were probably the older DKMGs, since they have EMG Hz's.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Those were probably the older DKMGs, since they have EMG Hz's.

In both specs they have EMG 81 and 85.
Dean Vendetta XM
Roland Microcube

Getting/Saving up for:
Yeah I wanna buy one, keep it in it's case for a very long time, and when it's considered a awesome find in 2030 I'll bring it out and be able to say I own a mint DKMG. Because right now my Dinky reverse is all I need. Long live Jackson.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
lol musicians friend screwed up
The Jackson DXMG Dinky Electric Guitar has everything a metal player needs. A pair of Jackson's Exclusive EMG HZ high-output humbuckers deliver a hefty, eminently crunchable tone while the deep cutaway in the sculpted alder body lets your fingers maraud all the way up to the 24th fret of tone heaven. And if that's not far enough, you can yank those notes right on up to nirvana with the recessed-cavity, JT580LP double-locking tremolo system. The flamed maple top, trans red finish and black hardware enhance its fabulous looks, highlighted by piranha tooth MOTO inlays between the jumbo frets on the bound rosewood neck.

Jackson's compound-radius fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out. With a more relaxed hand, you'll play better!

Jackson MG Series DKMG Dinky Electric Guitar Features:

Alder body with Carved Top and Flame Maple Veneer
Bolt-On Rock Maple with Scarf Joint Head Stock
EMG 81 and 85 pickups
Bound rosewood compound-radius fingerboard
24 fret/25.5" scale
Neck Dimensions - 1st Fret: .735", 12th Fret: .810"
Floyd Rose Licensed Low Profile JT580LP double locking 2-point tremolo
Reverse Jackson 6-In-Line Pointed Headstock,
Compound (14" to 16") Fingerboard Radius,
MOTO Piranha Tooth Position Inlays,
Ivoroid Binding on Neck and Headstock

EDIT: notice the description is about the dxmg and the specs are about the dkmg?
Quote by stratdud39

EDIT: notice the description is about the dxmg and the specs are about the dkmg?

I was about to point that out lol.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
the Jackson sales Rep said that they are to take it out of production for a model change up and a refresher. He said it should take a couple month to a couple of years to complete testing.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by ChainRevolver12
they probably discontinued it to raise its value

that makes no sense.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Blacken Seas
the Jackson sales Rep said that they are to take it out of production for a model change up and a refresher. He said it should take a couple month to a couple of years to complete testing.

this^

happened with the old pro series range before they brought in the 2006 spec models (real duncans, black hardware etc). chill out.
I'd just like to point out that another, unnamed, company has a habit of discontinuing their most popular guitars, so then EVERYONE rushes out and buys one, then 3-4 months later they reissue it or come out with the same guitar but a different color...

*coughGIBSONcough*

They did it with the '61 SG a few years back. People went ape **** and they sold like hot cakes. Then Gibson just happened to decide to bring them back.

Business strategy much?
Quote by edusty2010
I'd just like to point out that another, unnamed, company has a habit of discontinuing their most popular guitars, so then EVERYONE rushes out and buys one, then 3-4 months later they reissue it or come out with the same guitar but a different color...

*coughGIBSONcough*

They did it with the '61 SG a few years back. People went ape **** and they sold like hot cakes. Then Gibson just happened to decide to bring them back.

Business strategy much?

so true
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Can anyone get a release on this discontinuation? I might be missing something, but the DKMG is still on Jackson's website. Either way, what's the tragedy? It's a mid-low range version of the Dinky. It's not like they're stopping production on the USA version.
no
no big deal guys, Gibson discontinued the Les Paul last year too....and came out with a new one. Fender Discontinued the Mexi Strat standard, and came out with an upgraded new one.

It's good to see Jackson finally improving that thing. (speculation atleast(
How will they improve them though? They are a pretty solid guitar, good value. They'll probably just bump up the price and claim they have improved it.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I really don't want to believe it. I will when it's on the Jackson site or when someone like Mike Shannon releases a statement.
Well we'll all just have to buy the DXMG and replace the pickups with active ones. Anyway where does it say theyre discontinuing the DKMG i've just looked at the website and it doesnt say anything???

Quote by Deep*Kick
How will they improve them though? They are a pretty solid guitar, good value. They'll probably just bump up the price and claim they have improved it.

They could add an original floyd rose, and maybe put some proper Jackson shark fin inlays on the neck instead of those silly (imo) pirahna tooth inlays.
I don't think they will discontinue it too long. Probably one or two small changes, then it will be in the market as 2009 DKMG

I wouldn't say this couple days ago, though. I was planing to buy ESP/LTD EX400 sometime in spring, and saw the same "clearance" label in MF. I asked to ESP, they didn't answer long time. I thought they could be serious and ordered EX400. Then an email came from ESP and they said EX400 will become EX401

Possible new DKMG will be available after NAMM Winter.