Page 1 of 3
...By this I don't mean on UG, I just mean among your friends and such.

Mine would definitely be Frost*, I just made a thread about them in the Progressive section.

Post a link to your favorite song by said band at the moment, and briefly describe them.

Dear Dead Days - Frost*

Frost* is a British prog-rock band. Imagine if you took Dream Theater, made James LaBrie British, put John Petrucci back a little bit farther in the mix, and brought out Jordan's keyboards.

You'd basically have Frost*.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Dec 11, 2008,
An Endless Sporadic - I dont think they're THAT well known, but man are they great!

i think one of their songs is one of the bonus songs for Guitar Hero 3
"I've said it like 30 times in a row" - Barry Johnson and the Funky Bunch
Quote by jarudy
Dream Theater
Demon Hunter
Buckethead (besides Jordan)
System of a Down (except BYOB)

They have no musical tastes at all

i dont blame you for having un-musical friends. im lucky, as in having friends that dont give into mainstreamness. back on topic though, i say periphery and jaco pastorius
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Dreams Fall, Almost Sober, Rape The Dead, Kataklysm, Nevermore (Ok... so not exactly unknown... but i mean... loads of people, even the ones into metal haven't listened to em...)
RHINO HELICOPTER!!!! a band made up of some very amazing musicians at my high school...released an album, and broke up

PM for music
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

Russian Circles
Minus The Bear
Explosions In The Sky
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
alexisonfire- i dont know how anyone has heard of them before becuase they are pretty popular
haste the day- i told my friend that they were christian he said christian music sucks so he wont listen. there is nothing wrong with christian music
an endless sporadic
people know about them but i'd say
the black keys
zico chain is aight
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Not to sound like a pretentious indie twat, but about 90% of the bands I listen to no one has heard of.

Most people at my age barely look past the top songs on iTunes.
pixies, temple of the dog, eddie vedder (non pearl jam) (like know one knows who he is at my school cause there stupid i think im the only person who has the into the wild album.
Fall of Troy... only a handful of people know of them
they're like if you took an orgasm, but made it music.

straylight run too. they're kinda like brand new or taking back sunday, but add a tad of experimental, and more lyrical depth.

chasing victory, is (christian) hardcore... but I haven't really found any christian lyrics so idk why they go under that
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i dont blame you for having un-musical friends. im lucky, as in having friends that dont give into mainstreamness.

This is off topic, but this made me

Why the hell does being mainstream make music bad? Sure, a lot of mainstream music is bad (I'm looking at you, Pink), but it's the musician that makes bad music, not the popularity.

Case in point: Green Day. It all comes down to opinion, but I think they're a great band (when they don't sound like Good Riddance). They're also very mainstream (thanks to American Idiot). Does the very fact that they're well known make them bad? I remember before AI came out, they were huge. Now they're "mainstream," no one likes them in the "hardcore" music scene.

/rant

On topic: Nightwish. Absolutely amazing, but I know no one else who knows about them.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Steve Vai.

Yeah I'm serious. They have no clue who he is. We live in sad times..................
People are always trying to fascinate themselves with their own intellect.
the showdown =]
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
No one else Knows about Between the Buried and Me, which I find to be quite ridiculous.
I love 'em though.
Tides of Man!

amazing progressive band, i got an add from them on myspace a few weeks ago.
think Mars Volta, Circa Survive etc
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
accolade of appocolypse..... check them out awesome band
a textbook tradgedy
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
The Manges, Strapping Young Lad

I don't think they are very well known.

And honestly guys, I think everyone knows SOAD and The Beatles. >_>

EDIT: I'm going to have to add The Pixies. And maybe Wilco, I don't know how popular they are.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Last edited by Aaron0612 at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by Aaron0612
And honestly guys, I think everyone knows SOAD and The Beatles. >_>

You'd be surprised.

I know people who have never heard of bands like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.
Quote by favljms
The Beatles

Are you serious? Anyways Black Stone Cherry. Im seem to be the only person that listen to them at school.
Loose Ground (Portuguese alt rock band, check them out on youtube).

Some better known ones my mates don't know are Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, Black Flag, the Misfits...pretty much any punk/alt rock band.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Symphony X.

I don't really have a particular song of their's which is a favourite but here's one of their best (the guitar solos from one of the songs anyway). A lot of people seem to be put off by the singing, but the guitar playing is brilliant in their songs, which most people here should be able to appreciate.

Sea of Lies

Oh, and Symphony X > Dream Theater.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
You'd be surprised.

I know people who have never heard of bands like AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

What the hell? Who doesn't know AC\DC? They would have to live even lower than under a rock....were you talking to the mole people?
People are always trying to fascinate themselves with their own intellect.
Quote by leftylikejimi
What the hell? Who doesn't know AC\DC? They would have to live even lower than under a rock....were you talking to the mole people?

Black people.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by leftylikejimi

Nope, just regular people at my school.
Ei, I also forgot to mention some bands like Front Line Assembly and Ministry. No one really know of them I think.
Saint Louis Blues
Page 1 of 3