So my singer/guitarist is getting on my a** about dropped tunings. WE have a battle of the bands coming up, and he decided to play a couple of our songs that he says we have to tune in Drop B to play. Personally, I hate the **** out of dropped tunings. Not that I wont play in them,(we play in drop C#) but I think tuning down for 2 songs in a half assed church gig is stupid and pointless. I dont want to bother messing with my trem, and I just think its pointless. He says he cant sing one of the songs in our regular tuning, and that its easier to play in B, but I hate it. So I'm asking you guys, is there any point in tuning to Drop B for 2 songs because my singer thinks its cool?

TL;DR: My singer is being gay, and wants to tune to Drop B, even though I've told him we dont need to tune down and am unwilling to. Does anyone here have any logic I can use against this idiot?
What the hell kind of music are you playing in drop B at a church? Oh, wait, 'christian' death metal, I get it now! *sarcastic forehead smack.*
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
What the hell kind of music are you playing in drop B at a church? Oh, wait, 'christian' death metal, I get it now! *sarcastic forehead smack.*

lol, i wanna know the same
I know, right? We play alt. Metal, so he's into doing weird things like less common tunings, but this is crossing the line, because I told him I wouldn't tune that low.
Quote by Lunchbox362
I know, right? We play alt. Metal, so he's into doing weird things like less common tunings, but this is crossing the line, because I told him I wouldn't tune that low.

Does your guitar have a Floyd Rose or some kind of equivalent bridge?
He does, his Ibanez(lol) has an Edge III. He just doesnt appreciate the fact that its stupid.
Last edited by Lunchbox362 at Dec 11, 2008,
Its not so much the guitar, the point is I think its stupid, and pointless for us to tune that low unless we want to be some kind of Breaking Benjamin meets Slipknot fag-metal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
He does, his Ibanez(lol) has an Edge III. He just doesnt appreciate the fact that its stupid.

What's wrong with Ibanez??? Yes, Edge III sucks ( i have one )
Quote by Lunchbox362
Its not so much the guitar, the point is I think its stupid, and pointless for us to tune that low unless we want to be some kind of Breaking Benjamin meets Slipknot fag-metal.

take a vote on it, but secretly get the rest of your band to side with you.

problem solved, unless he gets mad enough to leave the band.