Page 1 of 3
discuss
Punks not dead, it just smells like it...

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Sippin on Gin and Juice of the UG Hip-Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I don't discriminate against any coast.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Kilimacory
west side all the way! GREEN DAY BITCHES!

THAT'S what you judge by?
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Quote by resteaten
all punk is gay

+2381023810928391829387198273
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by Scumbag1792
England </thread>

Definitely not, England has always been lacking in terms of punk imo. I've got to go with east coast on this one, especially modern stuff although west coast has it's fair share of great stuff.

Quote by resteaten
all punk is gay

Are you aware of what forum you're in?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
East coast probly. I like most all East Bay stuff I've heard but otherwise not much from the west appeals to me.
Quote by prplhazed
East coast probly. I like most all East Bay stuff I've heard but otherwise not much from the west appeals to me.

+1

There are exceptions, but most of the West coast bands I listen to are from the East Bay.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
East Coast! Fuck you!
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Tough call for me.

With Black Flag, The Adolescents, The Germs, and Circle Jerks on one side and The Ramones, New York Dolls, Richard Hell, and Velvet Underground on the other.
No Coast Hardcore!

I myself find East Coast stuff to be too tightly wound. I like the way West Coast stuff gets a good beat going, and find it generally more listenable. But I am a west coast kid, so I am biased.
no
East Coast = Agnostic Front.

I rest my case.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
The south has the best punk bands.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Far east.....subhumans, crass.......lol

I´ve never really met a punk band from the south I liked musicially (just partly LCB)........california is for skaters.......east coast (Aus Rotten, Behind enemy lines, Reagan Youth) on the other hand the west has MDC, Dead Kennedys and The Fartz........no idea
Both suck, and so does Britain (aside from the Cold Megan, of course, who are the best band of all time ever).

I pick german punk, because they have her majesty's ass.
The North has the best punk bands.

Just kidding, Canada sucks.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by bucky_2300
No Coast Hardcore!

I can't believe you just namedropped No Coast Hardcore. sdofjasodifjasiodfadismfdksfadinsg

Anyway, everyone knows France has the best punk. And Sweden and Japan.
East Coast: Richard Hell, Velvets, Dolls, Patti Smith, Television, etc.
West Coast: the Briefs, Foxboro Hot tubs

I think we all know which direction I'm going in.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by axeslash
The North has the best punk bands.

Just kidding, Canada sucks.

avril lavigne, simple plan, sum 41

WE'RE MORE ****ING PUNK THAN YOU WILL EVER BE.

Quote by sargasm
I can't believe you just namedropped No Coast Hardcore. sdofjasodifjasiodfadismfdksfadinsg

Anyway, everyone knows France has the best punk. And Sweden and Japan.

ha, my bassist (who just moved to montreal from france) says frances punk bands were all pretty ****ty.

Quote by lavazza
Far east.....subhumans, crass.......lol

I´ve never really met a punk band from the south I liked musicially (just partly LCB)........california is for skaters.......east coast (Aus Rotten, Behind enemy lines, Reagan Youth) on the other hand the west has MDC, Dead Kennedys and The Fartz........no idea

you don't like LCB, YOU LOVE LCB.
How about Berurier Noir, La Fraction and Paris Violence you losers
THE FEELING OF LOVE is one of the best French punk bands I've seen in a while.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Australian New Wave is the best.

There's something about the post-punk 'anything's possible' ethos combined with the upbeat, sunny feel.

Fantastic pop music, I tell you.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Australian New Wave is the best.

There's something about the post-punk 'anything's possible' ethos combined with the upbeat, sunny feel.

Fantastic pop music, I tell you.

It's good, reccomend me some more. All I know now is the Church, they're a great band.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Well, they're technically from New Zealand, but the Split Enz are cool. Men At Work too.
no
Interesting question. I'd have to say east, but thats just because most of the bands I've been listening to recently are from the east coast. Over all, I guess it would be a pretty even split.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
It's good, reccomend me some more. All I know now is the Church, they're a great band.

The Church, obviously
Members of the Church's extensive solo careers.
The Divinyls - a one hit wonder with 'I touch myself', but a great back catalogue
The Infidels - a bit more obscure, but you should be able to find 3 in the morning (.rar if you google it.)
The Triffids - a bit more well known, not quite as good, but sound like a cross between Bauhaus and the Doors live, studio stuff is bland.
The Go-Betweens - fantastic powerpop band (check out 'Streets of your town')

Those are the main ones to check out, I've not been searching per se, there's much undiscovered!
Page 1 of 3