I myself am an audiophile and an ametuer guitarist. why do guitarist not use tube (valve) amps anymore? i know they can get expensive, and they aren't energy efficient, but the sound quality far surpasses the cost, the depth of the signal is simply amazing.. no vox or marshall could ever touch the quality of tubes
right....

might wanna do some research before making stupid threads.

plenty of musicians use tube amps... in fact most professionals still do... so idk what you're talking about here...

I'm only a novice player and i own a tube amp?
I've always used tube from the beginning and all the way to the end.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
I'm sure that if they weren't expensive most guitarist would buy them. Don't you think I want a tube amp? I just can't afford one right now!
Quote by Sputnik1
I bet the guy is just pissed that he bought an MG or a Spider!!!

haha +1
Yeah know what kills me? This has to one of the oldest technologies that gets more expensive as time goes on. Look at the 8088 or z80 CPU, you would have to pay someone to take it.
Quote by balrock043
I myself am an audiophile and an ametuer guitarist. why do guitarist not use tube (valve) amps anymore? i know they can get expensive, and they aren't energy efficient, but the sound quality far surpasses the cost, the depth of the signal is simply amazing.. no vox or marshall could ever touch the quality of tubes

Uhh you do realize the majority of Marshall and Vox amps are indeed tube. You really should do more research before posting. By the way if you still don't believe me I'll give you some figures. Musician's Friend online has 143 tube amp heads for sale versus only 27 solid state. As for combo amps, 175 are tube and 142 are solid state only for the fact that most beginner amps are solid state to keep prices down and get people into playing. Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited for spelling errors
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Dec 12, 2008,
What a strange person.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.

Uh why do people not play wood guitars any more? Is it because particle board is cheaper?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.