DGen92
937 IQ
Yeah i have this acoustic guitar that has this most annoying fret buzz on the D string at 3-4 frets. I have tried to adjust the truss rod, but it doesn't seem like its turning or not making a difference ... Any suggestions ?
GC Shred Off
is into you.
884 IQ
Quote by DGen92
Yeah i have this acoustic guitar that has this most annoying fret buzz on the D string at 3-4 frets. I have tried to adjust the truss rod, but it doesn't seem like its turning or not making a difference ... Any suggestions ?

Because it only buzzes badly on one string, there is a good chance that the fret is a little uneven (which means it would need filing). Which frets buzz, and does the buzzing really only affect the D string?
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Dec 11, 2008,
black-sabbath
Sitar Hero
316 IQ
fix the hole in your nut.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
DGen92
937 IQ
yeah its just the D string do you know how to fix it ?
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar
3,299 IQ
Has the guitar just started doing this or has it always done it?
DGen92
937 IQ
it did this recently after i changed strings
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar
3,299 IQ
Is this the first time you have changed strings on the guitar? What make and model is the guitar?
DGen92
937 IQ
Quote by jimtaka
Is this the first time you have changed strings on the guitar? What make and model is the guitar?

i finally found the problem ... well possibly.

I changed strings again today and i found out the problem was in the peg at the bridge.

The peg on the D string is not aligned .. but every time i tighten the string, it goes like that. Only on that string.
jimtaka
i like acoustic guitar
3,299 IQ
What do you mean it's not aligned?