how in the world?? i looked at the instructions....wow. are there any videos, or picture guides on this anywhere that anyone knows of??? or can anyone give me better instructions??

i would take it somewhere, but the only place closest to hear charges 65...thats way too much for me. id rather learn

any help?
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
that doesnt help cuz thats whats in the lil guide that came with it...
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
go to the store and ask if you can watch him do it, tell him you're halfway through or something, pay attention to what he does, and you'll be okay.
------

Shwiggity.
they rarely do anything to guitars. especially pick ups. especially emgs...or active ones. and i wanna get this done soon. ive been holding it off for too long
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
So, they rarely do anything with guitars, but you were gonna take your guitar to them to install the pickups? O_o
------

Shwiggity.
they know what theyre doing. they fixed my guitar twice. im saying theres not alot of traffic through the store...especially not for emgs...
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
So wait, whats the problem?

Take it to your shop. If you can't do it, they can.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yes...they can...for 65 dollars. i dont wanna spend almost what i bought it for, just to get it working
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Then go to the newly created "The ONLY emg thread." and post your Q there, brother! You'll get help there for sure.

iz whur teh EMG peeplz R @
Do you know how to solder to being with?

If so, take a picture of your guitars control cavity, message me with it, and I'll walk you through the installation if you want.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
i took it up there after seeing how easy it COULD be if i could read it, and i was gonna ask how much it would be, cuz 65 would be way too much, but instead he told me how pretty much, and i labled the cords.

i kinda know how to solder. i did my first today. i practiced on a toy radio before, but i soldered the pick up tho the volume control...the grounding was horible... but the wire part to the thing on the volume looked pretty good. i think it wa just the way the other one was..

now, theres only 2 problems, 1 severly stopping me from finishing. the small one is that the input jack doesnt fit in the holder. im sure i can stll plug in it and all... im still gonna fix it, but i dont have to for it to work...not the main problem, the plug going from the input to the pick up, theres a small hole for it to go through the body, but its too small for the batter thing to fit in. they already have it soldered on. and it looks like they dont want you to take it off. so my only option is to make the hole bigger. im prolly gonna have to go somewhere cuz i dont have anything i could do that with...
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Ever done any soldering? or anything with electronics? no? Take it to a tech.
"Ever done any soldering? or anything with electronics? no? Take it to a tech."

so, no ones supposed to ever learn anything? with what you said, that means that no one can do anything new. or atleast not solder or anything electronical...what happens when the techs die?? whos gonna take over? i mean, if no one else knows, and they have to take it to a tech since they cant do it....therll be no more techs....no more soldering or electronics...then what????
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
the plug going from the input to the pick up, theres a small hole for it to go through the body, but its too small for the batter thing to fit in. they already have it soldered on. and it looks like they dont want you to take it off. so my only option is to make the hole bigger. im prolly gonna have to go somewhere cuz i dont have anything i could do that with...

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding this. Can you try and explain it again maybe with pictures....
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
"Ever done any soldering? or anything with electronics? no? Take it to a tech."

so, no ones supposed to ever learn anything? with what you said, that means that no one can do anything new. or atleast not solder or anything electronical...what happens when the techs die?? whos gonna take over? i mean, if no one else knows, and they have to take it to a tech since they cant do it....therll be no more techs....no more soldering or electronics...then what????

You missed my point completely....

I am asking if he has done anything with soldering before

I am also asking if he has done anything with electronics before

If not, rather than **** up a good set of EMG's...it might be worth taking it to a tech.

Have you ever soldered a mod chip onto an xbox? Believe me... people dont "learn" on the real thing. They practice first.