I know the pit isnt the best place to come for opinons on anything, but i dont really have anyone else to talk to currently.

Im in 9th grade, and im taking algebra 2 honors. but its seriously kicking my ass right now. as i thought about it, i dont think im going to pass to 10th grade if i stick with it, or dont start to get it. i try to learn the stuff, but it just doesnt click. i have the choice to back track and take the geometry honors class, but im hesitant to do that because i know that when colleges look at your class list er whatever itll look better, but whats the use if your failing it? i know academically it would be a wiser choice. so, should i try to stay with the alg 2 class? or play it safe and get better grades with the geo honors class? thank you in advance
Quote by espplayer400
I know the pit isnt the best place to come for opinons on anything, but i dont really have anyone else to talk to currently.

Im in 9th grade, and im taking algebra 2 honors. but its seriously kicking my ass right now. as i thought about it, i dont think im going to pass to 10th grade if i stick with it, or dont start to get it. i try to learn the stuff, but it just doesnt click. i have the choice to back track and take the geometry honors class, but im hesitant to do that because i know that when colleges look at your class list er whatever itll look better, but whats the use if your failing it? i know academically it would be a wiser choice. so, should i try to stay with the alg 2 class? or play it safe and get better grades with the geo honors class? thank you in advance

Just answered your own question didn't you?
How do you guys figure grades out?

We use 'Years' as in Year 9. Which would be your ninth year after starting.

I just don't understand the grade system

Also, sorry, I have no input.
Go after school and get extra tutoring from your teacher if possible, or hire a tutor.

If that doesn't work, then switch to geo.
Quote by Van-Hayden
How do you guys figure grades out?

We use 'Years' as in Year 9. Which would be your ninth year after starting.

I just don't understand the grade system

Also, sorry, I have no input.

He's in 9th grade meaning he's either 14-15 years old.
I have those exact classes in my school. My advice is if you can't drop to Advanced Alg II Regular, then drop into Geometry Honors. Because honestly you might look like hot **** if youre taking an advanced course, but only if you are doing well in it. If you are failing, or have a C or D average, colleges will look at it and say you are unable to handle a higher level of thinking. However, if you get a good grade in Geometry Honors, they will not look down on you because its still an Honors class. Trust me.
^years=grades. except "years" makes a lot more sense. and to TS, Im a senior who to Geometry H. freshman year, and I don't think it affects how your transcript looks that much. You can still complete precalculus and 1 year of Calculus if you want (I did precalc and am currently taking AP statistics)
Im actually in that same area
although, i took Algebra 2 last year, and my bull**** teacher made me retake the book with a B
but yea, go the safer route grade-wise, if your like me, sometimes you just cant grasp concepts until your a bit older
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Algebra II is pretty easy for me. If you really need some immediate help, with homework or something, and can't get any from your teacher or someone else, PM me, and I can try to help you with it.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Mathmatically, algebra will help you much more than geometry in your future academic career
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
i learned that honors classes in high school don't really mean ****. it's much better to just ace regular classes
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
study harder? or find a better way to learn the material. in most of my AP classes i teach most of the stuff to myself, by way of the book or just trial and error. mainly in my trigonomety class cause the teacher is an african native and no one can understand what he says. by the way im in 11th grade.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
Quote by masturnate42
i learned that honors classes in high school don't really mean ****. it's much better to just ace regular classes

wrong
Quote by cosmicsoul07
wrong

if you're going to a major major university, yes it matters, but otherwise colleges love gpa.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Dont bother, do you plan on taking multivariable calc in 12th grade? My school has 4 people in it.
Some of the stuff you learn in Algebra, you'll be using in Geometry. If you don't know your algebra, you'll most likely won't do so well in Geometry.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

yea, schools a bitch to begin with. the teachers are assholes, the kids are assholes, your asshole is an asshole. in the end, you just need to really focus hard and forget about everything for a little until you get back on track, then you can go back to having some fun