So i cant get like $100 off of a fender FM 212 DSP amp and was wondering if it could handle large amounts of distortion and real heavy ****. I play stuff like megadeth, in flames, COB, cannibal corpse, death, pantera, soad, SYL, lamb of god and king diamond.
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Yes.

It can handle a 20 pound steel hammer just fine
you have $600
i suggest buying a b-52 or bugera
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you have $600
i suggest buying a b-52 or bugera and get a tech to look it over and bias it correctly

Fixed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Why are you going to buy that amp if you have $600 of $1000 saved up? Awful amp. The only metal that should be anywhere near it is the business end of a sledgehammer.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
well how muh would a bugera cost me(in canada money)
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Im not sure about the bugera but I hear they aren't reliable, maybe a b-52 would do you good, they have plenty of gain for metal.
DONT GET IT!

its trebly as all eff and sounds horrid even with good pedals through it

save ur money and get something better
MD5K
IBANEZ
That is quite possibly the least metal amp you can get.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Try lamusic.ca or axemusic.com for the bugera's. I will warn you though, the prices on one of those wbsites have gone through th3e roof and the same 333XL that I have is now 950$. Canada sucks for amps sometimes, but if you look used I am quite confident you'd be able to find some sweet amp gear. Where in Canada you at?

Edit: ****, just noticed you are in Ontario. Check your local kajiji and such and I am sure you'd find something way better than that ****ty fender amp. Even ask here beforehand and MOST of the time people will give you great adive on what you should get. Personally I think a used 5150 is your best bet.
Last edited by suffersystem at Dec 12, 2008,
no. it only has ok cleans.
the distortion is ****.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Wouldn't waste the money on it for metal. Get a bugera or better get try really hard to get a used 5150.
Quote by imgooley
Yes.

It can handle a 20 pound steel hammer just fine

+1
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i am a peavey fan. i suggest the 5150. if your using alot of effects just make sure it has a really good clean channel that doesnt fall apart when it gets loud. the distortion the amp supplies wont matter since you will be using pedals.as long as it can go pretty high in the volume on clean without distorting you should be fine (you dont want the speaker actually distorting while running a distortion pedal= distorting distortion sounds like poo)