hey guys I saw an amp company named kustom, and I was wondering if they were made good amps. It was only $130 and I just wanted to know if its decent before I go out and buy it.

thanks
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
I have a Kustom 12 Gauge. It's pretty good. Louder than all my friends practice amps.
Quote by Ralbert07
Get a sledgehammer and you can do the rest yourself. Sledgehammers solve everything.

Buy me an amp and I will marry you
ehh for that price range i like fender frontmans :P
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
There amps are ok. I know there new Double Cross amp has some tasty tones!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Yeah but he's not going for a double cross. They are okay amps but there are better practice amps out there.
It depends.

The new Kustom stuff is cheap junk.

The old Kustom stuff (when it was made in Kansas City IIRC) was awesome.
Quote by GeneralElectric
It depends.

The new Kustom stuff is cheap junk.

The old Kustom stuff (when it was made in Kansas City IIRC) was awesome.

Actually, the new NEW Kustom stuff they are coming out with is supposed to be better. Double Cross combo anyone?
you'll get what you pay for.. most $100 amps usually are just that..

cheap 100$ amps.

but the higher end Kustoms, i really like alot.. hell even some of their midrange stuff i enjoy too.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I just sold a kustom amp, very reliable very good amp. Dont know how their hybrid stuff or small practice stuff is. I certainly wouldnt say a frontman is better.
Kustom make superb amps with very consistent quality. The lower stuff offers just as much value for money as the more pricey stuff. Sounds to me as if most of the people on here who said "cheap junk" have never properly used one.
thanks guys
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Dude, the Kustom Double Barrel is awesome. Its only ~$200. It's 30W and its a 2x12. Blows away my Cube, and definitely Frontmans. LOL

Just save and get the Double Barrel
^^

why is that? is it designed better? higher quality speaker? higher grade electronics? better preamp and poweramp design??

WHY?!!!

:P:

I just have a KGA 65 which is the older series that came out before the Quads. just a cheap little solid state amp, but it kicks an amazing amount of ass even when you turn it up to keep up with a drummer.
Quote by Rock Pig
Kustom make superb amps with very consistent quality. The lower stuff offers just as much value for money as the more pricey stuff. Sounds to me as if most of the people on here who said "cheap junk" have never properly used one.

I've played a lot of their gear, and I'll pass on all of it unless its the older Tuck and Roll stuff.

If I buy an amp, it has to be reliable, roadworthy, and sound good. Things that Kustoms don't do very well.

I play an Acoustic 135 for all my guitar needs.
My amp has been with me for 8 years. been dropped had beer spilled on it and here and there, but its still kicking and sound great.

its not like most of the solidstates now where its all treble and muddy bass.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 13, 2008,