hey whats up people ??? i am a new guitar player i have been for a year now and i am trying to figure out a song called sleeping sickness from city and colour[/I]... i have the cords alright just need help figuring out the strumming pattern.. i have alrieady listen to the song a 1000 times and i am haveing trouble figuring it out... please help..
Quote by the fendernator
listen again

lol i haVE AND I AM HAVING A HARD TIME THATS WHY I AM ASKING PEOPLE FOR THERE HELP
Slow it down in audacity.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by rdurette
hey whats up people ??? i am a new guitar player i have been for a year now and i am trying to figure out a song called sleeping sickness from city and colour[/I]... i have the cords alright just need help figuring out the strumming pattern.. i have alrieady listen to the song a 1000 times and i am haveing trouble figuring it out... please help..

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by the fendernator
listen again

This.
City and Colour songs have weird strumming patterns, it takes a long time to have them completely right, I usually make my own strumming patterns that are similar but not perfect.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by rdurette
very funny just asking for some help Gargantuan

I'm not making fun of you I just found it weird that you said that you're new to guitar yet you've been playing for a year

Oh and try tapping your foot

MC name = Bearrorism
Just play what sounds good, it doesn't need to be the correct strumming.

EDIT: Look at that^, and you can tell if someones trying to hard to get the strumming right cus it sounds unnatural and and very n00bish.
Last edited by Erik_Aero at Dec 11, 2008,
Quote by Gargantuan
I'm not making fun of you I just found it weird that you said that you're new to guitar yet you've been playing for a year

well off and on just really get into it now sorry dude
I listened to it. Move your hand in eighth notes, but only strum on

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
[B]1[/B]   [B][size="3"]2[/SIZE][/B][B]    + [size="4"]4[/SIZE] +[/B]

1, 2, the and of 3, 4 and "4 and"
accent, 1, 2 (the most) and 4
Quote by qstionauthority
I listened to it. Move your hand in eighth notes, but only strum on

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
[B]1[/B] [B][size="3"]2[/SIZE][/B][B] + [size="4"]4[/SIZE] +[/B]

1, 2, the and of 3, 4 and "4 and"
accent, 1, 2 (the most) and 4

thanks dude really needed the help ....
Quote by the fendernator
listen again

No, really.

If you want to get the strum pattern down the way they play it, listen to how they play it. If you don't get it, listen again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Until that strum pattern is so burned into your brain that you mess up and play other songs with that same pattern. Learning music is 90% about your ears. Listen and don't just hear the music, really listen to it and understand what they were doing in each measure.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
When you work on the strumming pattern, don't play the actual chords. Mute the strings until you get the rhythm down completely and then add in the chords.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Play it untill it feels right
it took me a million times to figure out smeels like teen spirit
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Play it untill it feels right
it took me a million times to figure out smeels like teen spirit

I laugh at you; as a bass player, that song is monumentally easy. The hardest part is the verse, and all you have to do is keep a steady beat.