Ive posted several posts about asking what new amp i should get to replace my line 6 amp. So far ive heard much about tube amps and how great they are. whats a tube amp and what isnt? whats so great about it and whats so bad about the ones that arent a tube amp. I already got an answer on the pros and cons and uses for combos and stack amps though thx for any help. Current budget is $500 for a new amp and can boost it up to 600. thinking about getting a peavey valveking 112 id like some opinions on that also.

Before anyone asks. i play thrash, progressive and neo-classical metal here are some examples (Megadeth, Petrucci, Paul Gilbert) I am also working on moving to playing some blues soon (just began taking guitar classes to learn the important stuff such as scales, so once i learn some blues scales im planning to improvise alot with it so id like that to be kept in mind for a new amp)
Since your other thread got reported for having a multiple thread on the same topic - let's start over here. Welcome to UG by the way. My guess is you were not sure if your first post went thru or not?

Best suggestion is to read thru some of Stickies at the top of each forum to get basic handle on things. I would suggest this forum, Electric Guitar, Guitar Basics, and the New Member forum.

Do that.

The Valveking might fit you due to price and clean channel but let's try this instead.

Go to newyork.craigslist.org.
Click on Musical Instruments.
Type 'amp' up in Search Bar
Find some tube amps in your budget there.

try it. It's fun.

Edit: I want those 3 minutes of my life back

idiot!
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by Rattlehead334
Ive posted several posts about asking what new amp i should get to replace my line 6 amp. So far ive heard much about tube amps and how great they are. whats a tube amp and what isnt? whats so great about it and whats so bad about the ones that arent a tube amp. I already got an answer on the pros and cons and uses for combos and stack amps though thx for any help. Current budget is $500 for a new amp and can boost it up to 600. thinking about getting a peavey valveking 112 id like some opinions on that also.

Before anyone asks. i play thrash, progressive and neo-classical metal here are some examples (Megadeth, Petrucci, Paul Gilbert) I am also working on moving to playing some blues soon (just began taking guitar classes to learn the important stuff such as scales, so once i learn some blues scales im planning to improvise alot with it so id like that to be kept in mind for a new amp)

dude how many threads do you need!!!!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me