Ive posted several posts about asking what new amp i should get to replace my line 6 amp. So far ive heard much about tube amps and how great they are. whats a tube amp and what isnt? whats so great about it and whats so bad about the ones that arent a tube amp. I already got an answer on the pros and cons and uses for combos and stack amps though thx for any help. Current budget is $500 for a new amp and can boost it up to 600. thinking about getting a peavey valveking 112 id like some opinions on that also.

Before anyone asks. i play thrash, progressive and neo-classical metal here are some examples (Megadeth, Petrucci, Paul Gilbert) I am also working on moving to playing some blues soon (just began taking guitar classes to learn the important stuff such as scales, so once i learn some blues scales im planning to improvise alot with it so id like that to be kept in mind for a new amp)
A tube amp uses vacuum tubes (which kind of look like light bulbs) to amplify the signal instead of transistors, which are basically circuit components. All-tube means the amp uses both pre-amp tubes (to amplify the signal first) and then power tubes (to really crank it for the speakers).

The result is a better tone. It's often described as being "warmer", "more natural", "more dynamic/responsive", and in general better sounding.

The VK sounds like a pretty good fit for what you're looking for, and you'd have a bit extra for an overdrive pedal or maybe new tubes or a new speaker, effect, etc.
However the Crate V-series are also all-tube and very cheap right now, so it might be a good idea to get one of those and then have a larger budget for pedals.
I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions, just read around the forums a lot to learn even more.
Good luck!
*reported*
seriously, one is enough
My bad, not a whole new thread
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Last edited by Siege of Power at Dec 11, 2008,