So I have enough money for a new guitar, and I've always been a Les Paul kinda-guy. I'm willing to stray away from that.

There are a few guitars that I've been looking into seriously:
A Gibson Marauder, they're out of productions, but they're awesome guitars. I'd call it a mix between a Telecaster and a Les Paul. It has a LP body though. It could be mistaken for an S-1, but that has three single coils. There are a bunch of ebay sellers and I know of a few local places to find one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Marauder

or a Epiphone Dot, I've wanted a semi-hollowbody for a while, and with dual-humbuckers, what isn't to like? The only problem with this, as I find it weird to have the same guitar as another local band's guitarist, except in a different finish. Both of our bands are pretty well known in the area, that is one reason why I'm leaning towards the Marauder. However, I could play test this guitar, while with the Marauder, I doubt I'd be able to.

I play mostly punkish sounding music, but I play blues and metal and all that fun stuff.
What do you guys think?
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
i think the marauder is ugly...
get the dot...
who cares if he has it?
him and 24623652 million people have it....
its what u do with it that makes u standout from the crowd
that marauder looks alot like the PRS Starla . it might be cheaper to get new than antique.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
that marauder looks alot like the PRS Starla . it might be cheaper to get new than antique.

No, most Marauders go for $300-700, most are not hugely sought after. They are awesome looking guitars either way. The PRS is good looking though, and I forgot to mention that the Marauder has a humbucker at the neck and a single coil at the bridge. It is a really neat guitar.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill