So I've got a Squier Jagmaster and I do enjoy the general feel of it. However, as you may expect, Squiers tend to come with cheap hardware and pickups and mine is no exception. It does go out of tune fairly quickly and other things will probably wear with time.

What are some good things to replace that will make it easier to play and what brands of such things?

Please no, "new guitar" answers. I love the jaguar model and the only other guitars I would consider are a 800$ fender jaguar or a 800$ 72 deluxe tele, neither of which i can afford.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Pickups won't make much difference until you invest in a good amp.

As far as tuning, get new tuners. Grover is probably your best bet.

Also, set your guitar up to your preferences. There was a great guide for this, I'll get it and edit it in.

Okay here it is:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/pro1.htm

It's 6 sections, that's the first one. It links you from there.
New tuners and electronics couldnt hurt.Maybe something of the locking variety if you have major tuning issues.New pots and pups might be a good bet too,it all depends on what your specific needs are and how far you want to go in modding and upgrading the guitar.If i remember right,Warmoth sells the pickups used on the Tele Deluxe so that may be an option for you if you want that sound.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

New tuners and maybe a grafite nut.
I you go all the way and buy new electronic then i would say you should buy all the electronics...
If you buy new tuners and a grafite nut (the grafite nut is often the actual problem, i dont know if it has it original) you should have a good guitar. If you buy new electronics and make set it up good to you have a great guitar
Vintage V100 Peter Green signature
Squier LP
inbanez 12 string V
"custom" Abertone strat made in finland
Squier Acoustic Hello Kitty
Orange Tiny terror
Yamaha cabinet from the 60´s