so here's my situation, my band is preforming currently in a battle of the bands in Toronto, of which the winning band gets $40,000 total prizing. 20 cash and 20 prizes from long and mcquade , various studios, magazines and so on. we are in the semi finals and have a solid chance of advancing to the finals and the grand prize.

since i am planning a new rig setup soon anyways (it would be awfully nice to finance it with my cut of the 20g's) i was looking at mesa, particularly the M6 Carbine, formerly the Mesa Fathom. I am aware that this is now only the amp head and obviously would need a speaker cab, what mesa suggestions currently im using a Yorkville XM200, with another 15" speaker underneath for ultra low end.

there is 3 members in the band so each receives a little over 6500. we play "progressive" but really are all over thus the progressive title.
Long and McQuade is a major sponsor and they stock Mesa Bass Gear in Toronto

QUESTIONS:
1) 6500 will cover this no? like what are the prices for mesa **** I cant find it on the website.
2) whats a good alternative? head and or cab. I'm thinking either the carbine head and then a 2X12, maybe splurge a bit and get 1X15 and 2X12.

comments and suggestions are welcomed please
that mesa is a very good amp.

if you get want ultra low end, if you win, maybe run for a 18" if you re getting those 12ers for sure.

also, make sure to look around, you can find some great gear used.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well that's the thing, I'm not sure if i wanna continue with all the low end so I'm not sure about the 12's i mean the mesa is pretty f'n versatile, I'm sure theres room for molding the tone with whatever cab ends up being bought but an 18, and 2 12's sounds pretty intense....

btw thanks for the fast response man.
no prob.

well, if you aren't chasing intense, I gotta say, 12's aren't your thing

those bad boys are very aggressive.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom