I've seen this cool thing at a few shows, where there are lights behind the drummer, and they flash according to his beat. For example, every time he hits the bass drum, the light would turn on, or off.

I know it wasnt just a light that was programmed to flash in rhythm with the song, because it was doing it during the sound check before they started playing.

What are these things, and where can i get them?
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
alot of local bands build their own intricate light system with plywood, flood lights, extension cords, and regular wall switches. and have some one sit there who knows ur music and just flip switch on and off for each light. its really primative but it looks boss as hell.
theres also light rigs that are hooked up to some sort of microphone and respond to dynamics...im sure that was it
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
idk. but i remember asking a band who had those how they did it and they said theyd tell me if i bought a Tshirt..

i lost 25 bucks that day for nothing
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
I'm tellin you guys. sound activated lights. I have them in my desktop computer.
Child of the Fence and Guitar n00b.
really? hmmm. sweet. how much do they go for?

Somewhat unrelated...

Another cool thing to do is put a light inside each of your toms shining upwards out through the top head, then pour paint on your toms, so when you hit them it makes a cool colorful explosion. It also looks a bit like you're playing Guitar Hero if you use different colors...and it would probably get all over you.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
They sense vibration. It's pretty simple
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Somewhat unrelated...

Another cool thing to do is put a light inside each of your toms shining upwards out through the top head, then pour paint on your toms, so when you hit them it makes a cool colorful explosion. It also looks a bit like you're playing Guitar Hero if you use different colors...and it would probably get all over you.

Using real drums to emulate a plastic controller?

time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
^^

iceman, you are my hero of the day

Oh, yeah. There was one at a gig I played about a month ago.

Check eBay for some.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
It's called a light organ...You can connect whatever signal to it and it'll flicker in response...

I've made a few...primitive ones albeit but it's pretty darn easy if you can solder....Look around for schematics...

EDIT: http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/organ.asp

That's one with a built in mic...You should look around for ones with inputs if you're looking to go big...
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Dec 12, 2008,
yeah those definitely are sweet, but theres some good answers so far
i saw a a band that had these wooden boxes with a plexiglass top and 2 flood lights inside and when the stood on them the lights turned on
it was sweet as ****

EDIT: heres a video of it, siq as **** guitar player
W1NDM1LLZ!
Last edited by chrismacker at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by chrismacker
yeah those definitely are sweet, but theres some good answers so far
i saw a a band that had these wooden boxes with a plexiglass top and 2 flood lights inside and when the stood on them the lights turned on
it was sweet as ****

EDIT: heres a video of it, siq as **** guitar player
W1NDM1LLZ!

link dawg?

Last edited by malashea_GTRST at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Somewhat unrelated...

uhh. blueman group much?
Isnt their like Glow in the dark drum sticks.

Kinda like these glowing sticks
http://yourkidmatters.com/images/glow-sticks.jpg
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Triggers on the head connected to some sort of midi to dmx converter. Thats how to do it properly, but I'm sure theres other, less effective ways of doing it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...