I may be able to get a really good deal for a used DBX dual-band 31 EQ from a friend, but I know next to nothing about racks. How hard is it to set one up and what cables/cords/etc. does it require? I'll be using it on my Spider III 75W (no loop, and yeah I know I know, I'm gettin a new amp soon) for now, and then how would I set it up on a Peavey 5150 combo?

Any help is appreciated
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
you wouldnt.....

Ideal rack setups have either an amp head or a preamp/poweramp and external speaker cabinets....

I'm really not sure why you would need the DBX unless you were seriously a tone freak and the 12khz freq. had to be at exactly a certain point and the 2khz freq. maxed or something....

I run a rack, and i dont use an EQ for the simple fact that if i want more control, I will buy a small 15 band....
Quote by NJNoise
you wouldnt.....

Ideal rack setups have either an amp head or a preamp/poweramp and external speaker cabinets....

I'm really not sure why you would need the DBX unless you were seriously a tone freak and the 12khz freq. had to be at exactly a certain point and the 2khz freq. maxed or something....

I run a rack, and i dont use an EQ for the simple fact that if i want more control, I will buy a small 15 band....

Yeah, but he doesnt use it anymore so I may be able to get it for free, hard to pass up if that becomes the case.

Quote by Metalcoresoul
Yeah, but he doesnt use it anymore so I may be able to get it for free, hard to pass up if that becomes the case.

Actually, this is true. If you can get it free...go for it....
an ideal rack setup can be anything you want if it works...i dont get what you mean by "ideal rack setup"...i have a fender twin reverb combo from 82 and i have a rack with a 31 band eq, sonic maximizer, tuner, wireless, and power....it works for me and i love it?
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
So how would I go about setting it up with an amp that doesnt have an effects loop and then with an amp that DOES have an effects loop?

it would be the same as pedals...for example, you can run them guitar>rackmount tuner>rackmount eq>rackmount effects>amp input

or you can put the chain in your effects loop...theres nothing different or special about rackmount equipments inputs and outputs
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Ok, so for example, if I had a BBE sonic maximizer rack (which I may be getting for Christmas) and the DBX EQ, I could just run guitar/DBX/BBE/amp, all with standard 1/4" cables? or would I need XLR's or something different?