I forget what the thing is called but its at the bottom of the strings and it props the srings up. anyway where could i get it lowered so its easier to press the frets down. I have a hard time on thoses bar chords, and thought this would help?
Take it to a shop if you're uncomfortable doing it yourself. Lowering the action also changes intonation, so if you're new at this, now is a great time to learn how to do it yourself.

Or... start learning to pay people for set ups! :p
I don't think there's a way of adjusting an acoustic bridge. But you could try and adjust the action (height of the strings) using the truss rod. If you don't know what that is, you should probably take it to the shop.