Page 1 of 4
Yay? Nay? My hair's just about covering my eyes when it's straightened, and normally my hair is like half-retarded not trying hard enough curls, so I bought a straightener and started straightening it. But people at school give me **** for being gay and what not, but it doesn't really bother me. I do it so I don't look stupid, not to follow trends. Any other guys here do it? What're your reasons?
I straighten mine occasionaly, half the people in my College do and nobody calls them gay O_O
I do as well mines got some wave and curl to it so I do it sometimes as it makes my hair longer and it looks nicer too.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I think I get **** because I don't fit in to the right group of people? I'm the altmetal/post grunge kid at my school.
I don't think straightening your hair has anything to do with your sexuality.

Especially if your hair looks better afterwards. Some people kinda need to depending on how god awful their hair looks.

When my hair was longer I would do it from time to time because otherwise I looked like mufasa.

But I cut it and it's all good. I look MUCH better.

Anyway, since it doesn't bother you, i don't see the problem. And if its getting out of hand, get a trim maybe?
As far as reactions ive actually gotten lots of compliments on my hair when straigtened and some when I leave it natural
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Mine is rebonded. Permanently straight. You should do that if you straighten your hair often, its less damage to your hair.
Quote by raysoh8
Mine is rebonded. Permanently straight. You should do that if you straighten your hair often, its less damage to your hair.

What exactly is the process involved with that?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I prefer the natural look of hair, I'm not too fond of that straightened look (when you can obviously tell it's been straightened). Of course, I really know nothing about hair, my hair is fairly long and is dead straight, so I can't really speak from experience.

edit: there is a hair thread btw if you're looking for more knowledgeable responses

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Dec 12, 2008,
My hair, same with pretty much 2/3rds of all asians, is fairly straight, besides with some very slight curls on the sides. I don't get how straightening hair is gay, what if your hair is already straight? /confused
If I don't straighten, the curls in my fringe go higher than they go down. It's like a ****ing half-pipe
I straighten my hair everyday,

Because it's all long and naturally wavy and I like it straight.

Chicks dig it too, it get more awesome comments about my hair than anything else.

In summary, it's OK to straighten your hair, and it is in no way gay, if anything it's more beneficial in the pursuit of the ladies
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I'm a cosmetologist so i don't give a ****. Do what looks good.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Depending on where you go, what chem they use ect... its gonna cost you. Check out the nearest beauty school, Empire, Regis ect... they'll cost you at least half of a normal salon.
Quote by Lethal Dosage

I had it done before. A chemical is applied to loosen the bonds of your hair or something, and in this state they straighten it then apply another chemical to 'cement' the hair in that state, thus making your hair 'permanently' straight. Of course, this is only permanent for the hair that they applied the treatment to: if your hair is naturally curly, any hair that grows out will have your natural texture/wave/whatever you wanna call it and you'll need to have the treatment reapplied to the hair growth.

It's usually a very costly procedure.
I don't straighten my hair, it's already straight enough for me. I see nothing wrong with guys straightening their hair though.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
Quote by digger35
If I don't straighten, the curls in my fringe go higher than they go down. It's like a ****ing half-pipe

That's exactly what my hair does, especially my bangs. But now I can do the flip oh so well! haha.

edit:
Quote by Le_Bunny
On behalf of the girls of UG, in regards to guys straightening their hair I give a great big yay

I used to straighten my hair everyday when I had long hair, I didn't care what douchey guys though of it, the ladies loved it
Quote by ih8u2
I had it done before. A chemical is applied to loosen the bonds of your hair or something, and in this state they straighten it then apply another chemical to 'cement' the hair in that state, thus making your hair 'permanently' straight. Of course, this is only permanent for the hair that they applied the treatment to: if your hair is naturally curly, any hair that grows out will have your natural texture/wave/whatever you wanna call it and you'll need to have the treatment reapplied to the hair growth.

It's usually a very costly procedure.

Interesting I prolly wouldnt do it I was just curious as to how its done.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
I pulled more when I straightened my hair.

After a while I got sick of the high maintenance and decided to go for the natural look. It's cool, I found out I get these little ringlets that I pull sometimes cause they remind me a little of a pig's tail, it's sweet. They proper bounce and everything.

Still, I prefer sex to pig's tails. Pass me the straighteners.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
My friend set his bed on fire by leaving his flat iron on while he was at school.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
mine is wavy.. not exactly curly..

though i have a buddy who used to straighten it when he kept it long.. otherwise it would be a fro
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Anyone else love nonchalantly flipping their freshly straightened fringe out in public?
Quote by digger35
Anyone else love nonchalantly flipping their freshly straightened fringe out in public?

ha I usually flip mine once in a while and I kinda snap my head to the side to get my bangs out of my eyes without using hands
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by digger35

Yes. To the left and right!
Quote by digger35

My fringes are almost down to my mouth XD
When I had slightly shorter hair, I straightened it. Now that my hair's gotten longer, it looks better with it's curl.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by digger35

No, but watching other kids do it is entertaining. It makes you look extremely stupid, and hilariously vain.
Yay.

Although, I'm a guy and don't straighten my hair (tis long).

I just don't have the straighteners. But if i did i probably would more.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by Delanoir
No, but watching other kids do it is entertaining. It makes you look extremely stupid, and hilariously vain.

... Jealous much?

i have asian hair so i don't have any problems with straightening. however i don't see any problem with guys straightening their hair. if it looks better why not do it?
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
I'll throw some pics up shortly. I've got a tangledy blonde Jew fro, and straightened I look, well, something.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 4