Poll: Air instruments cool in public?
Poll Options
View poll results: Air instruments cool in public?
GAY.
17 49%
AWESOME!
18 51%
Voters: 35.
The 6am air guitar thread made me think - Are air instruments gay or awesome?

I'd say it really depends, I mean if you are at a concert air guitaring through a solo - no one will think you're gay. If you are at school with your headphones on air guitaring - you are gay. Air drums are pretty much fine anywhere, I've found out.

Overall I'd say that air instruments are still NOT gay, and ARE awesome in public.
Yes, because air instruments are a sure sign that you're sleeping with other members of the same sex.

Gay =/= opposite of awesome.
Well, you aren't picking up chicks anywhere, but I find people really don't say anything to you if you do them.

I seldomly air drum and rarely air guitar, but still.
I think it's awesome. I drum my steering wheel while driving. I play air bass. It just looks gay when I slap and pop next to my crotch. Sometimes, it ends up painful.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
God I hate it when people do that at like Satch concerts, stick their hands up and pretend they can actually play what the guitarist is. If you can play so well why aren't you performing?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by jetfuel495
yeah i end up doing it unintentionally, i look like a ****ing retard.

I was air-guitaring the Toki's part of Birthday Dethday today, and I rocked it hard! Wowee!
Now, if you do what I do, and run around acting like youre playing on stage in front of a sold out arena, then theres nothing more awesome!!! I love to see people's reactions when my friends and I jump around acting like Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan on Davin Lee Roth's solo tours back in the day!

air guitar=METAL
METAL=EPIC
EPIC=AWESOME
therefore, air guitar=AWESOME!!!
It all depends on location, like in the street is wicked, but on stage is dumb as ****
Quote by Magik19
It all depends on location, like in the street is wicked, but on stage is dumb as ****

If you're on stage air guitaring, something is extremely wrong.
Once I was on the train and started playing the air drums to what was playing on my iPod without noticing. Everyone started staring at me, but I just shrugged and continued after I noticed.
Quote by TheClincher
If you're on stage air guitaring, something is extremely wrong.

agreed xD
or maybe...he is a singer that wants to play guitar but can't ;D
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
i air guitar/piano/trumpet/bass when im driving around.
and i do at concerts.

but i voted gay..
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Air guitaring is stupid since people go way over the top, air bassing and air drumming is okay because people actually pretend to play the instruments how you normally would.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy