Okay, so I was reading the interview with EVH in the new issue of Guitar World magazine I got today, and I came across this in the interview:

"I also couldn't stand the annoying feedback squeal that occurs playing at very high volumes. I thought maybe it was the actual coil windings vibrating that caused the feedback. I thought that if I dipped a pickup in molten wax, when the wax cooled, it would prevent the coil windings from vibrating. I took a coffee can, melted paraffin wax into it, dipped the pickup in the wax and pulled it out right before the bobbins would melt. I didn't always catch it in time. I ruined a lot of pickups that way. When I got it right... Voila! It got rid of the squeal. This process I stumbled onto is now known as "potting," and it has become a standard process for manufacturing in the industry."

Eddie Van Halen, Pg. 69, Guitar World Magazine, February Issue.

What the crap. I love EVH, but wax potting had already been around since before he was born.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
you got your issue before me

i'm guessing lulz will ensue after reading that article. is he on the cover again ? if he is that's a shame.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
^yarp he's on the cover. Sorry to spoil it for you, but this weirded me the hell out.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
big ego?
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by SG Man Forever
^yarp he's on the cover. Sorry to spoil it for you, but this weirded me the hell out.

i'm pretty sick of seeing him on the cover, not gunna lie. that cover with him and his fat son with a bowl cut was made of pure fail.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Van Halen thinks he invented a lot of things.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I invented all those. geez nothing worse than an arrogant rockstar stealing my thunder! Lol
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Avedas
Van Halen thinks he invented Tapping and the "Whammy" Bar, too.

He totally invented the Floyd Rose locking tremelo. I've got interview quotes from him that prove it
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
the most ridiculous part for me is that today, we have reissues of the original PAFs, that were being built before he could talk, and those use wax potting, so why he thinks he's the genius completely confuses me.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Like I said, Van Halen made great music, but he is a huge dumbass.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Demonology
Van Failin'

/thread.

so simple and so sig worthy
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
Quote by Demonology
Van Failin'

/thread.

Epic!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
He never actually says that he was the first one to do it or anything, and there's a tiny chance maybe he'd never heard of it before he did it, but yeah I do think he's trying to take credit for inventing it.
Why Eddie, why?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by Demonology
Van Failin'

LMFAO. You sir are a frickin genius.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by CaptainRon
He also claims that smoking isn't what caused his mouth cancer, his claim it was from the electromagnetic radiation in his studio where he used to sit for hours with a metal pick in his mouth.

Not just that but the guy has had cancer yet continues to smoke.

Truf?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
^It's on his wikipedia page
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Clearly, all that guitar wanking blew the load of his brain down to the fizzle that is the remnants of what was Van Halen.
Next we'll have Van Halen say:

"Yeah I'm generally really modest and stuff. Not many know it but one day I thought I'll make a guitar with a solid body and put a bit of tungsten which will be connected to a speaker through a chord, and came up with a new kind of guitar. They call it the electric guitar nowadays."
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature

"Yeah I'm generally really modest and stuff. Not many know it but one day I thought I'll make a guitar with a solid body and put a bit of tungsten which will be connected to a speaker through a chord, and came up with a new kind of guitar. They call it the electric guitar nowadays."

Gold.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by goonerbynature

Poor old Les Paul

EVH has a ridiculously large (l)ego, much like a mega block. /Bad Pun.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by goonerbynature

Or how about...

"I think I got the idea of tapping watching Jimmy Page do his Heartbreaker solo. He was doing a pull-off to an open string, and I thought wait a minute, open string ... pull off. I can do that, but what if I use my finger as the nut and move it around ? ... I just kind of took it and ran with it. Now everyone does it."

Oh wait, he did say that.

Also,

"I see the reunion absolutely as an inevitability. There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management. To me, it's not rocket surgery."
Quote by DirtyMakik
Poor old Les Paul

Yeah, poor old Les Paul....

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Delanoir

"I see the reunion absolutely as an inevitability. There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management. To me, it's not rocket surgery."

Wasn't that Diamond Dave? Rocket Surgery has always been his line.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Poor old Les Paul

Yeah, poor old Les Paul....

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

EVH and Gene Simmons actually clashed a while ago over who invented what items. The items up for dispute were:

Shoes
Makeup
Fire
Breathing
The Fender Strat
The colors red, white and black

There were no survivors.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
Quote by subliminaldelta
EVH and Gene Simmons actually clashed a while ago over who invented what items. The items up for dispute were:

Shoes
Makeup
Fire
Breathing
The Fender Strat
The colors red, white and black

There were no survivors.

lol. Reminds me of that metal documentary where Dio says Gene copyrighted O.J. as an abbreviation of for orange juice just because no one else had.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!