I'm in need of a new amplifier. I think I've grown tired of my little 10W solid state amp. It tends to lose power and doesn't give me the tone I want; even if my pedal is already connected. To make it short, it sounds pretty bad.

I was thinking of getting an entry level tube amp. Preferably the Crate V Series V18-212. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18212-18W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487055

The price is reasonable. But I haven't tried it myself. They don't have the model on my local guitar center. So I was wondering if anyone here own one or happen to have tried one. Is it a versatile amp?
::type
It is quite versatile, it sounds great. What styles do you play though? it's probably not suited to metal or anything really heavy. For indie/classic rock/punk sort of stuff it'd be great
Yeah, it's a great amp but if you are a metal player you probably won't be satisfied.
since your username is punkrox, i think it should be good. what pedals + guitar do you use? also what other genres of music do you play?
I use the Digitech RP150 Digital Effects Processor. Other than punk rock, I usually play classic rock, modern rock and alternative. Is it true that it sounds similar to a more expensive Marshall amp?
::type
Quote by punkrox101
I use the Digitech RP150 Digital Effects Processor. Other than punk rock, I usually play classic rock, modern rock and alternative. Is it true that it sounds similar to a more expensive Marshall amp?

Not really... But if you run a digital effects processor through it... It's going to sound like crap. If you use the digital effects that can be okay but don't use the amp models.
It can get Marshally though... I was referring to your processor. This amp is a great amp man but it's a great amp for playing on the clean channel. Really smooth cleans and playing a slight overdrived blues tone on it is awesome too. so you may end up liking this. But when you get into the high gain stuff this amp just isn't made for it.