I recently bought an Ibanez S Prestige, and while i live the guitar, im considering replacing the stock Ibanez pickups.

Im thinking about a dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge, and an Air Norton in the neck, but i need suggestions for the single coil.

with the single coil I'm looking for a tone like paul gilbert's earlier racer x stuff, or yngwie... Basically Something that shred's well. It would be nice if it did cleans well too.
which s prestige guitar did you get?
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
If you want Yngwie style stuff why not try his signature single coil from Dimarzio? I've heard that it shreds well and produces some very nice cleans.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i have the same guitar, and i think the stock pickups are pretty decent. but as far as the single coil, if you wanted like a yngwie tone, the best i can think of right now is probably the yjm dp217
Here's the description of the YJM DP217 off DiMarzio's site:

You might not realize it from his music, but Yngwie Malmsteen is a vintage Strat® collector, and he swears by his 50s and 60s axes. He also swears by our HS-3™, and he's always wanted a vintage magnet-stagger version to go with his best guitars. While there is still a strong resemblance to the HS-3™, the YJM™ has more presence and brilliance, particularly on the high strings, and still no 60-cycle hum. Yngwie uses it in the neck position of his main guitars, and it’s also the standard neck pickup on his signature model Strat®.
Recommended For: All positions.
Tech Talk: Works well in all 3 positions for slightly warmer than usual Strat sound. The vintage 50's magnet stagger is a subtle change from the standard HS-3™. It alters the overall tonal balance so there's a little more clarity and string definition, and highs cut through, particularly higher up the neck. Most recently, Yngwie has been using the YJM™ in the middle and neck position, with the HS-3™ in the bridge position.

Hope it helps.I'm strongly considering putting it in the middle position of my Ibanez Radius between a D-sonic in the bridge and tone zone single coil in the neck.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

To tell you the truth, changing the single coil in the middle is not gonna give you a drastic tone change. Neither Paul (in his early racer x days) or Yngwie ever used the middle pickup. As for the pickups they used; Paul had a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge position which was wired in parallel and could be switched to series mode via a push pull knob. He also used a Seymour Duncan mini humbucker in the neck position. Wiring the pickups in parallel gives an output decrease of about 30% in exchange for a more single-coil type of sound without the hum (I am a huge fan of this configuration btw and think it sounds great). I cant remember what Yngwie used back in the day but i do know that now he uses the YJM singlecoil in the bridge and neck position and a stock fender in the middle, which is never used.
Speaking from a personal viewpoint, i think you should avoid DiMarzio humbuckers in general as I feel that they are greatly inferior to Seymour Duncans. While they do have much greater output than SDs, what they lack in is organic tone and versatility. Its very hard to explain and you would have to hear the difference for yourself. I have a Distortion in my Saber and i am very happy with it. Judging by your musical prefference i would recomend the same for you. As for the middle pickup, just keep the one that is stock and lower it to the lowest possible level. This will in turn give you more sustain due to the lower magnetic pull from the middle. I would also recommend that you do the parallel wiring configuration on the humbucker to get that single-coil sound.

Hope this helps
listen to nemesis65.. he knows that he's talking about
well tone-wise im looking for something like petrucci's with the humbuckers, so i figure while them, i might as well replace the stock ibanez single coil.

anyone have any experience with the Dimarzio Chopper or Fast Track 1?

im just looking for impressions.

And as far as Seymour Duncan vs. Dimarzio, it seems like a ton of my favorite guitarists (satriani, gilbert, petrucci, vai, malmsteen, morse) use Dimarzio, so im still leaning towards them. Any Other oppinions?
If you have the money, Joe Barton makes some really good pickups.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE