I couldn't find an existing thread thats relevant to my query so I made a new one...

My uncle has just brought a electric guitar round that a friend of his was throwing out. Its a Gould Spectre (Les Paul copy). Its far from the best guitar in the world but I thought I'd do it up a bit.

Problem is, the machine head/tuning peg for the D string is broken. Is there a standard size or fitting of these things? Can I can buy something that looks similar and it'll fit?

Or is it more complex than that? I can post pics if necessary...

Also where should I go about purchasing? I was hoping internet as theres not really any music shops in my area that stock much in the way of guitar hardware

Thanks(and sorry if I'm in the wrong forum)
What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?

Bob Kelso, nice to meet you.