Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a 'middle of the range' set-up from scratch. Only problem is I have no idea about amps or loop pedals...(or are they the same kinda thing?)

Ive played acoustic for about 3 years on and off and I'm ashamed to say I've been completely ignorant to music theory and most other things that come with it. It's just a little hobby of mine which doesn't and probably wont leave the four walls of my bedroom.

However in the coming year I'm looking to take it more seriously and get involved with other aspects of making music and creating a 'more than just me' sound...

Any ideas on a half decent guitar, amp and loop system?

Also whats the best software to have on my comp?

Thanks in advance...
Or then again of course, you could just be reading my signaure now...
Start with an epiphone. You may be able to get a good deal on a 2nd hand les paul. Peavey Vypyr are awesome amps for their price ($100 for 15watt $200 for 30watt).
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
You should start with a squier or a epiphone...
I would say that you could buy an old crapy amp which will cost almost nothing :P:
There is a place in Liverpool called Dolphinmusic i think. there they sell vintage-guitars. which are weary cheap.. My V100 costs 250 but you can get a LP there for 100 and its still playable
Vintage V100 Peter Green signature
Squier LP
inbanez 12 string V
"custom" Abertone strat made in finland
Squier Acoustic Hello Kitty
Orange Tiny terror
Yamaha cabinet from the 60´s
Quote by velmis
You should start with a squier or a epiphone...
I would say that you could buy an old crapy amp which will cost almost nothing :P:
There is a place in Liverpool called Dolphinmusic i think. there they sell vintage-guitars. which are weary cheap.. My V100 costs 250 but you can get a LP there for 100 and its still playable

Or we could suggest a middle range rig and actually help him..

It depends what you think middle of the range is really and what your used to.

If you have ten Martin D-100 Deluxe's then you might want to look at a custom shops.

If you have a cheap 3/4 nylon string then look at Epiphone.

Give us a bit more info on your standards mate .