hi, i am gonna be using an Ibanez s320, and i know the ibanez infinity stock pickups are not great, so i was thinking of replacing them with something else, seymore duncans in this case, cuz the music store i go to doesnt have dimarzios.

anyway which pickups are good in seymore duncans? i want one with nice harmonics to go on the bridge and one with nice sustain to go on the neck, any other suggestions are welcome!
erm

JB for the bridge and Jazz for the neck is a nice combo

but what music do u play?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
the pickups in the S320 arent that bad. before you go out and buy a new set try adjusting them to get the tone you want. if they still dont suite you try a screamin demon in the bridge. i have one in my rg320 (diff wood) but i orig. heard one in a S model is why i decided to get one for my rg. great highs, awesome harmonics and pinches. gets a good low when dialed in. plenty in the mid-range. not really scooped out in any department. (they are the george lynch model). hope this helps
What amp do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheRstar
anyway which pickups are good in seymore duncans? i want one with nice harmonics to go on the bridge and one with nice sustain to go on the neck, any other suggestions are welcome!

All seymoure duncans are good for certain things. Your description gives us a good idea about the dynamic properties you are looking for but it doesn't tell us anything about the tone you are looking for so we need a lot more information.

What type of music to you play?
What amp do you have?
What don't you like about the tone you have now?
What are some musicians with tone that you like?
What is it about their tone that you like?

You might notice that the 3rd question is impossible for you to answer until you get your guitar. If you can't tell use what you don't like about the stock pickups (in your case it's because you haven't gotten it yet) then you shouldn't be looking at new pickups yet. Something you will learn is that popular opinion is not a good way to choose gear. There are a lot of people that jump on a bandwagon and say "this sucks" or "that is awesome" and others spend lots of money that they didn't need to spend because they listen to the popular opinion. Wait until you have your guitar. You might love the pickups in which case you can save the money you would have spent on pickups and use it on strings, cables, pedals, or whatever.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Dec 12, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
All seymoure duncans are good for certain things. Your description gives us a good idea about the dynamic properties you are looking for but it doesn't tell us anything about the tone you are looking for so we need a lot more information.

What type of music to you play?
What amp do you have?
What don't you like about the tone you have now?
What are some musicians with tone that you like?
What is it about their tone that you like?

You might notice that the 3rd question is impossible for you to answer until you get your guitar. If you can't tell use what you don't like about the stock pickups (in your case it's because you haven't gotten it yet) then you shouldn't be looking at new pickups yet. Something you will learn is that popular opinion is not a good way to choose gear. There are a lot of people that jump on a bandwagon and say "this sucks" or "that is awesome" and others spend lots of money that they didn't need to spend because they listen to the popular opinion. Wait until you have your guitar. You might love the pickups in which case you can save the money you would have spent on pickups and use it on strings, cables, pedals, or whatever.

- What type of music to you play?
I play mainly metal, and neoclassical.

- What amp do you have?
I dont have an amp i use my boss gt 8 for all the sounds

- What don't you like about the tone you have now?
It sounds too generic, and the distortion could be better imo, also when i use the neck pickups, its not as "smooth" as i would like it. so i want a nice pickup for good distortion for the bridge, and another for a smoothish sound for the neck

- What are some musicians with tone that you like?
Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen

- What is it about their tone that you like?
I love paul gilberts distortion (bridge pickup), and i love malmsteen smooth sound for neoclassical (i want something like that for the neck pickup)

sorry, i should have been clear.
You need to have an amp! Much of your tone problems are going to be down to the fact that you need to be running a guitar speaker in order to get guitar tone. You have a great boss pedal but you need to run it into an amp. I'd suggest you find yourself a good little practice amp instead of getting new pickup.

If you str set on pickups then I'd suggest a pearly gates in the neck because it'll help smooth out the harshness of digital effects.

In the bridge you would be better off with a DiMarzio PAF Pro than anything duncan makes but if you do go with a duncan then get a 59.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
You need to have an amp! Much of your tone problems are going to be down to the fact that you need to be running a guitar speaker in order to get guitar tone. You have a great boss pedal but you need to run it into an amp. I'd suggest you find yourself a good little practice amp instead of getting new pickup.

If you str set on pickups then I'd suggest a pearly gates in the neck because it'll help smooth out the harshness of digital effects.

In the bridge you would be better off with a DiMarzio PAF Pro than anything duncan makes but if you do go with a duncan then get a 59.

thanks a lot i am thinking of saving up to get the dimarzio
lol hes going to get pups before an amp
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I know this may sound like a real stupid question...

but how do you even know what the pups sound like without an amp?

I think getting a nice amp is the best investment. With that processor
and a decent amp you can tweak your sound all kinds of ways.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Dec 13, 2008,
Seymore Duncan Pickups=Awesomeness.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T