Okay, when i first started playing guitar i saw a wall of marshalls behind yngwie malmsteen and said im buying a marshall amp. so i saved up all my christmas and birthday money to buy the 50watt marshall mg . Yah get over it i was 10! so 3 nd a hlaf years later im looking for a small and better sounding amp ( for gigs id use the mg as a cab and dont telll me to sell the mg, cuz me nd my dad pooled in on it so its half his and he actually *shutters* likes it ) Sooo im between a used orange crush 30r for 175$ cnd or a used vox valvetronix 15 for 160$cnd used. I know neither deal is exactly a steal but they both say they ignore lower offers. Now, iv tried the valvetronix and its fckin tastey but iv yet to try the orange. Im pretty much set on the valvetronix but is the orange worth a second glance? The orange has volume on its side but the vox has amp modeling fx and a preamp tube on its side. So its up to you guys now, thanks in advance.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
ug made my mg sound badd

on-topic: Vox for mehhhh
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
peavey vypyr 15.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
^ This.

^this^
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Last edited by nowa90 at Dec 12, 2008,
I have a Valvetronix it's safe it won't fail, it's got nice sound, solid build quality overall great amp. I'm sure the orange is good too you should try it out if possible, if not just go with the vox. Or then just spare money for some slightly better amp
I had a vox valvetronix, it was a nice amp. It just didnt have enough gain for me. And any pedal i played through it sounded like crap because its a modeling amp. I do beleive they do make a higher gain more metal valvetronics than the one i had though. If you are into metal and high gain, i say stay away from the valvetronics.
yah i think the one the guy is selling is the hi-gain model
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Vox.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
If the one he is selling is the Vox AD15VT-XL, its the higher gain.
I'd get the Vox. I have it and its epicness for a low price.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by ac/dc752
Okay, when i first started playing guitar i saw a wall of marshalls behind yngwie malmsteen and said im buying a marshall amp. so i saved up all my christmas and birthday money to buy the 50watt marshall mg . Yah get over it i was 10! so 3 nd a hlaf years later im looking for a small and better sounding amp ( for gigs id use the mg as a cab and dont telll me to sell the mg, cuz me nd my dad pooled in on it so its half his and he actually *shutters* likes it ) Sooo im between a used orange crush 30r for 175$ cnd or a used vox valvetronix 15 for 160$cnd used. I know neither deal is exactly a steal but they both say they ignore lower offers. Now, iv tried the valvetronix and its fckin tastey but iv yet to try the orange. Im pretty much set on the valvetronix but is the orange worth a second glance? The orange has volume on its side but the vox has amp modeling fx and a preamp tube on its side. So its up to you guys now, thanks in advance.

so you are trading a practice amp for a practice amp?

what do you want out of this amp?
what musci do you play?
do you plan on gigging?

you plan on using the mag as a cab? for what head?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
so you are trading a practice amp for a practice amp?

what do you want out of this amp?
what musci do you play?
do you plan on gigging?

you plan on using the mag as a cab? for what head?

I play mostly metal core stuff, so lots of gain, id be using whichever amp i choose as the head, and my mg as the cab. Yah id be giging, just small stuff tho which is why i might go for the orange because 30 can do small bars and talent shows( so no need to drag my mg and the orange is fairly light), but with the vox id have to drag my 60 pound mg along.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Vypyr 15
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
those are too tiny practice amps. Not heads, and not amps you can line out from.

they are both solid state practice amps, offering less that you have now.

i suggest you either save for another amp, or use the $175 for a GOOD fx pedal.
something that you can use thru the MG on clean.

using a speaker from the mg, isnt going to add watts, and able you to gig with a 15 or 30W amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Dec 12, 2008,
If you dont like your MG turn the gain down, insane maybe, but it works.

If your playing metalcore a MG would be fine no one likes them IMO, becuase of there hi-gain metalcore sound.
Last edited by georgethepie at Dec 12, 2008,