Ok my 1st thread so take it easy on any criticisms hehe, ive created this thread to discuss anything and everything about the rock god of the 80s and following through to be still a most influencial guitarist of even todays era Michael Schenker, his best song?, the influences he has had on you? and everything between all here
Attachments:
big schenker.jpg
long live the name of Michael Schenker the god of the 80s rock
Never heard of him... yet I am intrigued!

post some songs?

and, welcome dude:-)
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa

post some songs?

and, welcome dude:-)

Z0mg lol

He was a great guitarplayer and musician. He was also in the scorpions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWRELywD3w&feature=related

I like this song very much. It's quite different then other (Shred) compositions, and I like the way he picks alot in terms of sound. IT's a very melodic, and a great rock composition imo. Very abstract progressions and melodies for that time of rock music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgY_w6M6Fnc&feature=related

This riff is my favourite most riff (0:39)of all time; and imo 1 of the best classic rock songs ever written.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Dec 12, 2008,
lol, he plays the guitar like a cripple dude but the riff's kind of nice

So they like only play on gibson, right?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa

Never heard of him?! have you heard of a 70's hard rock/proto-metal british group called UFO? Their albums from 1973 to 1979 should give you ample proof of Mad Mikey's insane guitar skills. Try to find the 1979 "Lights Out" album, and listen to the solo on the song "Electric Phase". I guarantee you will be impressed!

(and by the way, UFO still exist today, but withVinnie Moore as lead guitarist )
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
^^

Also try his instrumental solo album, it has some super nice melodies. It's called"Adventures of the Imagination"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_plCmxTgk

This melody is so beautifull, it made me cry the first time, dunno why.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
k, thanks I'll look that up... nah, I'm more of a symphonic/progressive dude when it comes to the 70s... or ninetys:P

The eighties are lika a big, black coma-hole to me
Yeah Schenker was in UFO in the 70s after leaving Scorpions because rock wasnt that popular in Germany and i have the Lights Out album, Assault attack, Arachnaphobia, best of, Live in Tokyo '97 , the solo to Electric Phase is awsome!, still say the end solo of Love to Love beats it
Quote by wilsonshred
Yeah Schenker was in UFO in the 70s after leaving Scorpions because rock wasnt that popular in Germany and i have the Lights Out album, Assault attack, Arachnaphobia, best of, Live in Tokyo '97 , the solo to Electric Phase is awsome!, still say the end solo of Love to Love beats it

Well, the solo from Love to Love is EPIC! That's true, but I still think the solo from Electric Phase is the s**t, purely because it was the only one off that album that I ever bothered to learn!

Still, Schenker doesn't get nearly enough credit these days, even though some important players have been influenced by him (Kirk Hammet being the only one I can remember at this point.... ).
My Signal Chain:

Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

agreed yeah any1 my age especially being 16 is like Michael who...? and yeah kirk hammet but tbh i dnt like him that much, 2 much wahh did u also know Ozzy rang up Schenker after Randy died askin him 2 join his band, the same with Rolling Stones, he also applied for Aerosmith but they didnt want him haha.
I think it was a big mistake for Ozzy not to have Schenker in his group (personally, I hate Zakk Wylde, everything about the man disgusts me) but there could only be one big ego, and that was Ozzy's.

As for Aerosmith and the Rolling Stones, they're both Rock & Roll bands, Aerosmith being harder (obviously). I don't think that our Mad Mikey would have had a spot in their groups, their styles are too different...

Oh and I also despize Hammet, and too much wah in general...
My Signal Chain:

Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

true but i dont think Schenker wud have gone thru with any band anyway, in an interview on his Live in Tokyo 1997 he even says that the only way forward for him was to be his own influence and write wot is in his head not others and honestly, it works, i dnt think any1 cud come close to writing a better progressive solo than Rock Bottom, completly improvised and perfect every time
Quote by Zooropean11
Well, the solo from Love to Love is EPIC! That's true, but I still think the solo from Electric Phase is the s**t, purely because it was the only one off that album that I ever bothered to learn!

Still, Schenker doesn't get nearly enough credit these days, even though some important players have been influenced by him (Kirk Hammet being the only one I can remember at this point.... ).

Michael Amott from Arch Enemy, as well.
He's kinda important, y'know, kinda inventing melodeath
You shall listen to Kamelot.
I fucking love UFO.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Every guitarist who hasn't heard of Michael Schenker must die!

No, just kidding.
UFO is one of 70's rock most underrated bands. Schenker plays from his heart, all the way!
I also like The Michael Schenker Group, especially the first album. The self titteled one.
Does any1 know of any more Schenker gigs coming up lately? think the last 1 was with Scorpions doing the 1st 2 albums and more stuff with another special guest of Mathias Jabbs apparently an awsome show, if any1 knows of any more please let me know and every1 else who loves Schenker
i just really found out about him a few weeks ago, i got force it by UFO and the essential michael schenker group album. any idea what else i should get by him? and any more information on him?
I never really understood why Schenker's considered such a legend. I mean, I totally dig the Schenker-influnced guitarists, like Amott, but I've hardly found Schenker songs I really like.... other than maybe Into the Arena.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]