Ho'kay. Soh.

I was trying to get a laptop on finance the other day (i'm good at paying things back, but crap at saving, i spend my money on crap) and it got rejected.
I went to the bank to finally get the stupid 16-18 account upgraded to a proper current account, and then went to try a couple of weeks after.

Still got rejected.
The guy at curry's told me it was very likely its because i have no credit history, never took finance or a credit card before. He said it would be a good idea to get a student credit card and build up some good credit history. BUT, i'm not going to university after college.

I can't even get a normal credit card.

WTF. Whats the point of all this credit/finance crap if i get rejected by all of it.
I earn enough to pay it back, got a solid address e.t.c.

What can i do UG?
you need to establish credit, it's going to be really hard to do this ATM though due to the economy. You might be able to find a bank willing to issue you a CC with like a 500 GBP limit or something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by McShredder
What can i do UG?
Spend the money you have and don't spend money you don't have, of course.
I don't know how but I got a credit card when I turned 18, not a student card or anything.

I guess they just check your parents credit files, and could probably see I've lived with them and am supported by them.
another thing that would estblish some credit is to get a cell phone contract and pay your bills for that on time.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i had no credit history and I got a CC with ~£3500 credit! No wonder people get in debt

tried applying through your parents address?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Last edited by Bendybaws at Dec 12, 2008,
I live with my dad and he's never payed late or even been overdrawn in his life :/
I know its easy to say "don't spend money you don't have", and i don't. I just waste the money i do have, i never get enough money to buy anything big outright, always like £100 less or so, but i can't make myself save it all :/
My friend wanted to get an overdraft of £100 and he has fine credit history, they said he has to continue paying a certain amount of £ into his account for a certain amount of time.

Welcome to capitalism mate.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION

Bad times all round i guess.
I guess i'll just have to save up. Tis a shame tho, i'd rather be using a card to gain some good history.