Hey everyone, i'm looking to buy a good rig for gigging, with a hard rock/ alternative metal band that i am starting.

I currently have a Cube 60watt which gets me some good tones overall, i particularly love the rectifier sound, (it's a wet, fuzzy, heavy, even sound) so i was thinking maybe a mesa boogie dual rectifier (but i'm open to suggestions). I dont really think i need 100 watts, but the 50 watt single rec is solid state so i think i'd rather go with tubes. But i've heard that they don't do good cleans, which is important for me because i have a number of clean parts in my songs. Also, i've heard the older rectos are the best; now the newer ones are very expensive round here (the merry ole' land of Oz), i'm not even sure if i could find an older one at any price. Finally, it would be a great help if i could hook up effects to one channel, ie. a clean channel with delay, and an overdrive channel without, so that i could switch sounds between with just one footswitch. (Is this even possible without getting all your effects (including distortion) out of a multi FX pedal?)

Thanks in advance for any help.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Peavey 6505 without a doubt,better cleans from what I've heard.Can't give you much of details though....not enough experience with them
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Yeah i was thinking a peavey 6505, Karnivool use them and they have a great sound, but i've seen alot of demo vids on youtube and they all sounded terrible.
I guess that's not definitive though...

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Do you have a price limit?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Price limit depends on how much the amp meets my needs i guess. Probably not more than $3500 AU and that'd have to be an amazing amp for me to spend that much.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Go to a shop, try it and man you'll get blown away by it,don't judge them on the vids on youtube....the sound quality is utter crap on youtube.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
You could also try a Carvin Legacy or a V3 at that price, Or a high end Orange.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Ok thanks guys, i'm going to go and try some amps instore.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
The single rectifier is a full tube amp btw, it's just the rectifier that is solid state, but many full tube amps have solid state rectification stages.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

try the peavey 6505+ if you want better cleans than the original 6505
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ss rectifiers are the most common thing and will actually give u a tighter attack as oppose to a BOOM feel.