This was my first guitar that I got for Christmas some years ago. After getting an Ibanez, I was toying around with the idea of modding it. And now that I have yet another guitar, I decided to cut into that piece o' crap Ion strat knockoff and try to make something decent. after a couple of drawings i ran to the basement and got busy with a jig saw.

Started like this (basically)

So far I have this
I like it. It would be cool to get a pre-loaded pick guard with some good active humbuckers in it to throw on your project.
Thanks. Actually for the pickguard, my girlfriend is a machinist so its going to be aluminum with HH setup.
That's the best original guitar shape I've seen in a while.
You could potentially make that into quite a good guitar.
A hybrid StrataWarlockDinky???er.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
That looks kinda cool man, i like it

Also machinist girlfriend = win!

Where are you based by the way? UK? USA?
From VT in the US.

If this comes out as good as I hope, Im gonna make another one completely from scratch.
Wow, not bad!
Usually when somebody goes at their first guitar with a saw, the result ain't great, but this is nice!
That is really wierd, the quality of those routes are terrible, I'm confused. The shapes not bad though I like it i just don't think theirs gonna be enough space between the jack and the edge of the guitar.
Quote by carousel182
That is really wierd, the quality of those routes are terrible, I'm confused. The shapes not bad though I like it i just don't think theirs gonna be enough space between the jack and the edge of the guitar.

He didn't do the routs.

But I agree; why'd you cut anything of the main body instead of just sculpting the horns?
Looks great , the shape's similar to a SG.
If your GF is a machinist *awesome* have her cut you a plate of aluminium that covers the entire front of the guitar only with pickup holes and holes for the pot covers.
You'd have a really awesome looking guitar , something like the silver manson.

Example:

Quote by Rock Pig
He didn't do the routs.

But I agree; why'd you cut anything of the main body instead of just sculpting the horns?

I know he didnt cut the routes, my question is why are they so bad on a factory guitar.
Quote by carousel182
I know he didnt cut the routes, my question is why are they so bad on a factory guitar.

Its a real cheapo.
bought at radio shack... lmao. I almost bought one for modding, but I decided to look in the pawn shops first.

neck seems okay, the routing inside just looks like there's paper stuffed inside or something...
------

Shwiggity.